Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Freesat box/recorder question  (Read 5281 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, November 30, 2014, 17:15:46 »

But the interface really is terrible, as is the remote control.

For instance, when you delete a program, it's not like deleting a file on a PC... you have to watch the delete icon scroll up and down until it is finished deleting - and it can take a minute or two to delete! And then if you decide to delete a 2nd program, you have to wait until the first is deleted until you can delete the second one! Crap! The general interface is poor, too.

As for the remote control, it's like pressing a sponge...nothing registers so you keep pressing, and then suddenly you've scrolled down a few lines! I've had 2 Humax remote controls, and they're both the same, terrible experience.

Finally, if a program starts late or early, or finishes later (e.g. a game goes into extra-time), in my experience it doesn't automatically adjust for this. Very frustrating...

Honestly, if Humax is the best, there is room for someone to corner the market...
It DOES record things, though.
Yes the remote is poor so I use/used a "one for all" which works brilliantly with the Humax.

The interface looks fine to me, all freesat boxes take ages to delete files you have to wait for all of them unlike Sky which deletes quickly.

Yes there is a need for a better Freesat but currently there is none so the Humax is by miles the best available at the moment.

As for starting and finishing....that is a standard feature of any freesat recorder they all do that except for Sky which is tied into start and finish indicators in the program....something that only Sky do.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: