Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Robbie Savage  (Read 2073 times)
kerry red

« on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 12:13:56 »

Forgetting for a moment that he said this, do we think it's true.

He said: 'All the years I played I never gave a thought for the supporters and I don't know a player who did.'
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 13:00:20 »

I think it makes more sense in context, he was talking about ticket prices and I'd be surprised if the players knew exactly what the ticket prices were.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 15:04:15 »

As above, it makes more sense in context.
I think he also said something along the lines of never having a clue how much the fans paid, and he never looked up and though they've all paid a certain amount to watch this game.
He is bang on in my opinion, most players probably think tickets prices are cheap.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 18:49:09 »

Remember Ranger and his entourage were doled out assumably free tickets each game he was with us

Now, ain't that just like me?
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 27, 2014, 22:08:19 »

Relative to what a footballer 'earns', most things are cheap. How can you have an appreciation for the value of money if you receive often multiples of a person annual salary in a week?

I'm not berating them for accepting these contracts but the comment despite being true in its context, sounds rather blasé when you have no appreciation for what the average man on the street earns.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: