Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sheffield United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 61494 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:04:28 »

Good to see City and Posh both dropping points. Impressive win for MK to move them into the top 2 though.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:12:52 »

Yes of course. There are always a few arrogant pricks though.

Yep. Didn't see these comments until now. But very amusing in hindsight...

"We should set our stall out in every game to take the game to the opposition and look to score as many goals as possible. We are playing Swindon not Bayern Munich."

"This is ****ing depressing. Getting absolutely outclassed, not just beaten but outclassed by Swindon ****ing Town."

Cheesy
Flashheart

« Reply #137 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:14:54 »

Yep. Didn't see these comments until now. But very amusing in hindsight...

"We should set our stall out in every game to take the game to the opposition and look to score as many goals as possible. We are playing Swindon not Bayern Munich."

"This is ****ing depressing. Getting absolutely outclassed, not just beaten but outclassed by Swindon ****ing Town."

Cheesy

I can't believe that we conceded 2 goals to Sheffield United... Sheffield fucking United.

For fuck's sake. Cooper out.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:14:56 »

Looked at the teams before the game and can honestly say I've never heard of a single player from their team.

How is these little clubs with a fraction of our resources can build attractive, attacking teams and we can't?

Cheesy

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:17:19 »

OK. So Sheffield United...

Have a bigger ground
Have more fans
Have spent far more seasons in the top 2 divisions

Fine. I get it.

But what the fuck has that got to do with anything??
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:23:41 »

OK. So Sheffield United...

Have a bigger ground
Have more fans
Have spent far more seasons in the top 2 divisions

Fine. I get it.

But what the fuck has that got to do with anything??

Head to head over 32 games, they shade it by 11 wins to us to 13 to them, with 8 draws....not really indicative of a massive difference.

Oh and when I saw Andy Rowland Friday and was reminded of his hat-trick v Blades in 81 in a 5-2, it was clearly a sign..
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:25:48 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:24:17 »

Cheesy

If he's never heard of any of Foderingham, the Thompsons, Luongo, Kasim or Obika he clearly isn't much of an authority on L1 football.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:31:19 »

If he's never heard of any of Foderingham, the Thompsons, Luongo, Kasim or Obika he clearly isn't much of an authority on L1 football.

You get plenty of football fans who have a 'bubble' approach to their football following. Needless to say that he probably has kittens every time Sheffield United make a signing.
kerry red

« Reply #143 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:31:54 »

Great game. Great performance. Great result.

For the 1000+ Town fans who have decided not to attend this season - shame on you.

This is the best football you can expect to see at this level - and probably above.

If this result does not get the fuckers back when we  play Preston, I despair.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:32:40 »

Just got back to the car. That was a rather enjoyable game of football.

Pre-match Williams proved he's a nice bloke by hopping over the barriers to check the person he smacked in the face with a shot was ok.

First half - well, to be blunt, Sheffield looked like they were a bit Shit. They had absolutely no idea what to do with us. Press us and we'd pass back and through them, leave us alone and we'd pass around and through them. JMac did a good job keeping Byrne quiet, and the score should have been 3/4-0 by half time - not sure how Obika missed his first chance, or Luongo his, but Sheffield were lucky to have Obikas second attempt cleared off the line. Not much else to say really, we utterly controlled the half and Sheffield can, well't have had more than 2 minutes in total on the ball.

Second half, well, it was all very well and good (Louis Thompson's buildup in particular was bloody fantastic) until we scored our third and the boys concentrated too hard on getting number 4, and we were swiftly 3-2. Sheffield seemed to remember they were a top of the table side and started to bring it to us. But then Willo trickled a cheeky ball over the line and that was that. The fifth was, well, sublime. I really hope they got Yaser's work in the corner because it is quite simply some of the best skill I've seen from any Swindon player ever.

Yaser's yellow was I think semi deliberate as it means he's got a clean sheet again for the league. Think we'll see a couple of players rested at Newport, but frankly if our players are anything like Reeves who came on for Luongo, we'll absolutely rinse them.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:38:50 »

Head to head over 32 games, they shade it by 11 wins to us to 13 to them, with 8 draws....not really indicative of a massive difference.

They finished a whole point ahead of Town last season and we beat them at the CG too.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:41:43 »

That was great. In the first half particularly one or two of our passing moves were spectacular! Its not that we were a constant threat, but we opened them up with 5 or 6 quality chances. When we weren't threatening we kept the ball well, which is about right. But we should have scored more, 1-0 is never enough.

Second half we scored the penalty and the third and we should have been safe. But they scored one, their tales went up and they scored another. And it looked like we were really up against it as at best an equaliser looked likely. I don't think we so much fell apart, Sheffield United were just showing there really is a decent team in them..

But Brad Smith surged forward, played in Willo, who looked to have scuffed his shot far too softly, but had in fact placed it perfectly to make it 4-2. And after that we were never in trouble. Good skills from Kassim (he and Luongo were nearly back to their best) and a thumper from Louis.

What really hurt Sheff U today was in part our passing and ball retention. But also we ran at them with pace as they sat deep. They couldn't cope with that.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #147 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:43:45 »

We have just annihilated a decent team who will be up there come the end of the year. I thought we'd lose this before the game but boy I was wrong. Some of the quality on show from us to day was stunning. The 5th goal in particular goes into "knocking one out" territory. The skill from Kasim was unbelievable, the pass perfect, the finish from Louis perfect. I would say wrap up goal of the season now but there's more to come from this lot.
It would take too long to go into just how fucking good we are. All the fans who have given up, I really would say that you are missing some excellent football. We've got a team who scrap for everything and for each other, playing with great technique.
I'm off to get some beer. Feeling absolutely fucking wonderful this evening after seeing us tear Sheff Utd a new one.  
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:44:19 »

That was great. In the first half particularly one or two of our passing moves were spectacular! Its not that we were a constant threat, but we opened them up with 5 or 6 quality chances. When we weren't threatening we kept the ball well, which is about right. But we should have scored more, 1-0 is never enough.

Second half we scored the penalty and the third and we should have been safe. But they scored one, their tales went up and they scored another. And it looked like we were really up against it as at best an equaliser looked likely. I don't think we so much fell apart, Sheffield United were just showing there really is a decent team in them..

But Brad Smith surged forward, played in Willo, who looked to have scuffed his shot far too softly, but had in fact placed it perfectly to make it 4-2. And after that we were never in trouble. Good skills from Kassim (he and Luongo were nearly back to their best) and a thumper from Louis.

What really hurt Sheff U today was in part our passing and ball retention. But also we ran at them with pace as they sat deep. They couldn't cope with that.
True. People moan about us 'letting them back in the game' and being sloppy and so on but they tend to forget there are actually two teams on the pitch.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 16:47:37 »

The move for our third goal went from turnbull in our left back position, ended up with Byrne in their left back position, to Thompson in the centre of the park before getting to smith then obika. It lasted about two minutes, and I don't think Sheffield United touched the ball. Brilliant stuff

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: