Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Oldham Athletic Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28440 times)
kerry red

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 10:30:27 »

What's your eyesight like....be warned the view from the TE is never the best, but for night games under the ever dwindling lux of the floodlights, events at the Bank, can approach guess work.

Not the best, TBH but now Mrs Audrey has got the bug it costs a fucking fortune.

Either £100 for Oldham and Blades from the side or £76 from the TE.

No wonder attendances are down
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 10:35:10 »

It's not like you to be pessimistic Reg!    Grin

There's just something about Oldham, I don't like....I've seen us put 6, 5, 4, and a few 3's on them...which tends to breed optimism, then all too frequently along comes a game like Feb's dire affair, where the grim visaged norverners, defend stoutly and scramble some scrappy pin ball goal.

It would be nice to think, that as a fair few of the current team played in Feb, we've got that out of the way, and are due one of the handsome wins.....it would be nice to think that, but of course I'm not going to  Smiley
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 10:44:57 »

What's your eyesight like....be warned the view from the TE is never the best, but for night games under the ever dwindling lux of the floodlights, events at the Bank, can approach guess work.

Im going to be in the TE on saturday for the first time for ages.  Mainly on account of not bringing my kids so I will be allowed to swear. 

Thank fuck.

Never knowingly overstated.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 11:07:32 »

Not the best, TBH but now Mrs Audrey has got the bug it costs a fucking fortune.

No wonder attendances are down
No comparison, football is just too expensive.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 11:17:03 »

Was going to say shouldn't that be £74 as Oldham a bronze category then found out sheff utd is a gold category  Crash
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 12:44:09 »

First game of the season tonight following cricket commitments, so no doubt I'll jinx us and say we'll thrash them 2-1! Goals from Obika and a towering Jack Stephens header.

#VivaKenBarlow!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 12:56:00 »

You think you've got it bad?! the News Monkey can't even afford food

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 13:51:57 »

On the train from Paddington at the moment for this one. Have to get some bits and bobs from the outlet village so making a 'day of it' in Swindon. The pub near the outlet village any good?

Annoyingly the trains back to London after are a right bitch, either 20 past 9 which means missing most of the second half, or 22:34 which gets me into Paddington the same time as the last tube!! The things we do for our football team!

Think we'll win 1-0. Byrne.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 14:07:46 »

On the train from Paddington at the moment for this one. Have to get some bits and bobs from the outlet village so making a 'day of it' in Swindon. The pub near the outlet village any good?

Annoyingly the trains back to London after are a right bitch, either 20 past 9 which means missing most of the second half, or 22:34 which gets me into Paddington the same time as the last tube!! The things we do for our football team!

The Dolphin....run by Phil King, old skool.
kerry red

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 14:14:27 »

Proper old pub, The Dolphin. My local, really.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 14:27:16 »

Proper old pub, The Dolphin. My local, really.

Might see you there then Audrey!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
kerry red

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 14:41:05 »

What time you getting there?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 15:18:25 »

That'll be a first If it makes it on time as well Wink
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 16:17:36 »

What time you getting there?

Maybe 6?

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 16:27:25 »

3-0 Town, Obika, Kasim & Smith.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: