Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Oldham Athletic Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28521 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 20:33:12 »

Fair play Luongo must be relying the effects of international duty. Not been great.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 20:38:33 »

Frustrating we couldn't hold on, but sounded like we didn't deserve to win.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 20:39:02 »

Tbf I'd have taken four points from these two games before Saturday
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 20:39:32 »

Fair result to be honest
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 21:04:52 »

Did well to get a point, didn't deserve to win!!  Midfield three were poor, we spent too much time going backwards allowing the Oldham midfield to come on to us.  Bit of a physical side they were, but you should expect that from a northern side.  Problem was we definitely had no plan B, and when plan A doesn't work there was no fall-back.
kerry red

« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 21:06:12 »

Like to say we were poor, but that would do a disservice to Oldham who I thought were impressive.

Outplayed us for much of the 2nd half and were unlucky not to take all 3 points - they will upset plenty of sides this season.

Lots of misplaced passes from us and apart from Williams' fantastic strike I cant remember a shot or chance.

See it as a point gained TBH

Good to meet up with Bobs Orange for a couple of pints b4 the game!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 21:09:10 by Audrey » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 21:10:46 »

Having a cider in the GW waiting for my train home.

I thought Oldham were much better than I thought they were going to be, worked bloody hard and never gave us time on the ball, hence why Luongo and (to a lesser extent) Yaser seemed to not dominate as much.

They scored from an absolute worldly from 30 yards and we equalised from a scrappy goal from a corner from Obika.

Second half Oldham possibly had more possession than us, well it seemed like they did.
We broke and whilst I was baying for Williams to square to Obika, he decided to blast it into the top corner! A couple of minutes later and Oldham had a free kick which we defended very badly and they scored from, scrappy again!

Overall a draw fair, Oldham looked a good side. Brad smith (again) looks the weak link for us and turnbull wasn't as strong as he has been. Unfortunately George barker looks a better bet at lb at the moment, although he ruined his moment in the lights by tripping over his feet!! Byrne mom for his first half showing I guess.

Up in Aberdeen for a wedding on Saturday so will miss the Sheffield United game.

Oh and Audrey hasn't phoned yet Sad

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
kerry red

« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 21:13:24 »

How was the GLUEPOT?

Disgraceful pub crawl b4 a game!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 21:14:28 »

Also fair play for Oldham, 230 fans on a Tuesday night and did their best to make some noise.

Yep, nice to meet you too Audrey, good to put faces to Townend names!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 21:16:13 »

How was the GLUEPOT?

Disgraceful pub crawl b4 a game!

Nice pint of stout! And met a couple of London reds pre-match (including the trust chairman fella) so not all bad!

Might have to get some travellers for the train back to the smoke, 1 hour and 50 minutes! Zzzz

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 21:21:36 »

Also fair play for Oldham, 230 fans on a Tuesday night and did their best to make some noise.

Yep, nice to meet you too Audrey, good to put faces to Townend names!
Think they out-shouted us for most of the match, no atmosphere and like a morgue for long periods!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 21:24:14 »

Fair play to Lee Power, he comes across as a totally genuine bloke in his interviews.  Pwoper wide boy, but at least he seems to talk the truth rather than the previous idiots..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 21:25:45 »

Not a bad game of football. I think a draw was deserved although they looked likelier to get the winner. If their bloke squared the ball instead of shot we'd have been in the shit likewise of Nathan hadn't got the tackle in. MOM was probably the easiest this season. Byrne by far our best player. The midfield was shit today moreso in the 2nd.
Their first was a cracker - our first was scrappy. Our second was a cracker, their second scrappy, although they somehow managed to have 3 players lined up at the back post to stick it in.
Not the best day at the office but overall a good start to the season.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 21:26:50 »

Feels like two points dropped, but only from the perspective of us scoring with not long left. In truth a draw was a fair result.

First half we had a fair amount of the ball, but didn't do much with it. The exception being Byrne, who was absolutely tearing into the right hand side, and a couple of semi-decent crosses didn't quite get punished. But make no mistake, we were not peppering their goal.

The Oldham goal was very good. A free kick was worked square and the Oldham player has leathered synthetic upper'ed it from about 30 yards out leaving Fods no chance. They also forced a fair few corners. Our equaliser came from a corner, the ball in the box seemed to just find the boot of our man-in-the-right-place Obika.

Second half and we faded/ran out of ideas quite quickly, fairly reminiscent of doing the same against Brighton. Cooper made some attacking substitutions, not sure he got them quite right  but at least he went for it. Williams looked like a man trying to prove a point, and Smith may soon find himself under pressure. I guess competition for places is good. But it was Oldham that started to push us far too deep and looked likely to get the next goal. Then we broke, 3 on one, Williams made what looked like the wrong choice but scored a blinder of our own when he smashed it into the top corner from an angle.

So that was three points. Except it wasn't. Oldham got a free kick after the lino flagged them offside, not sure what the ref saw except it must have been before the ball was played forward. The ball was placed in but the defence seemed at sixes and sevens at some froze and others didn't. It left Oldham with a fairly simple chance which they took.

Reeeeeeeeeves made an appearance (that wasn't booing numb nuts BBC Wilts texter) and looked to be fairly lively. Barker did OK and nearly had a good shooting chance but tackled himself with his standing foot. Brad Smith is worse at crossing than me.

A fair point, two cracking goals and a bit disappointing otherwise. Beat losing though.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 21:33:10 »

Cooper made the point that their second goal came about as we came out to play offside but one didn't get the message and played three of their on!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: