Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brighton fan thinks you're fantastic  (Read 5100 times)
GiraffeBHA

Ignore
« on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 18:28:27 »

Apologies for delayed thread start but it's taken since Tuesday night for me to have my user set up agreed by your admin.

I wanted to come on this board and say how impressed I was with your team on Tuesday night. You totally outplayed us and did it with brilliant passing and movement. Your team very much reminds me of how we played under Gus Poyet in league one, which was very successful for us.

If you hadn't gone down to ten men in extra time I believe you would have won.

The only part of the game you were behind us was up front. Your finishing cost ou the game.

But get a striker who can score regularly and I think you'll comfortably be top six. I will be keeping an eye on your progress and wish you all well for the season.

And looks like you are getting the best out of our ex players too.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 18:34:38 »

Cheers. Did you ever see Yaser play for you? Quite Interested to know if the potential was always there.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 18:44:03 »

Thanks. I'd agree with what you say up to 70 minutes then we understandably tired.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 19:23:53 »

Lost our shape after 70 mins or so as Batch said.
Good to get decent opposition fans on here.
Brighton's first was World class.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 07:09:24 »

Come October you won't give a shit about us...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 14:11:43 »

Come October you won't give a shit about us...

Don't think he/she particularly gives a shit about us now, just wanted to say how well we played. I'm quite happy to take a plaudit or two.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 16:13:19 »

I still fucking hate Brigton, never forget.
GiraffeBHA

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 18:09:43 »

Cheers. Did you ever see Yaser play for you? Quite Interested to know if the potential was always there.

Only in a reserve game. We had so many midfielders as he was coming through that there was no chance of him getting game time so we let him go to Luton.

We have a good crop of youngsters coming through at the moment who all look really promising. The first goalscorer Rohan Ince is one of those. It really was a world class strike.

So are you confident you can go up this season?
kerry red

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 18:14:43 »

Squad is thin. Enjoying it at the moment - especially as most people thought we would struggle.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 18:14:54 »

The first team has gelled impressively during opening games, but there is very little depth to the squad.  After getting a reputation for excessive spending under Di Canio, we seem to have gone the other way now.  So I suspect that, without additional investment, early season form will be difficult to sustain during the winter months.

It is frustrating.  Crowds are well above average for the division, as are ticket prices.  But investment in the squad does not reflect this.  I'm all for prudence and financial sustainability, but too little investment could be counter-productive.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 31, 2014, 18:15:21 »

And I think you're fantastic too.
GiraffeBHA

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 1, 2014, 19:42:06 »

I see you have signed Obika.

He was with us last season on loan for a spell and sadly he was next to useless. He didn't look fit or match sharp.

Hopefully after a run of games he will do better for you.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 1, 2014, 19:47:43 »

Yeah and we've had him before as well, and being polite he wasn't very good, although to be fair he was in a very poor side heading through the trapdoor. But Power seems to be able to spot them and the coaches seem to be able to work magic with pretty much anyone. So I think most of us will wait and see how he goes.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, September 1, 2014, 19:49:03 »

He's been here before and didn't set the world alight. I'm hoping a clean slate and the realisation he's not a prem footballer any more will kick start his career.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, September 1, 2014, 21:41:30 »

He's been here before and didn't set the world alight. I'm hoping a clean slate and the realisation he's not a prem footballer any more will kick start his career.

This....

Clems Army!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: