Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pleasant surprise  (Read 6853 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 16:35:55 »

Went down to the CG this afternoon to get the Brighton game put on the STs - the tannoy was definitely working if the noise coming from the ground was anything to go by!!  The guy who served me said was I aware that I have £5 credit on my season ticket?  I didn't realise that every purchase made in the shop qualifies for 10% cash back, credited to your season ticket.  I asked them why they didn't publicise it more and just got a "Dunno"!    Hmmm Hmmm
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 16:39:31 »

The tannoy is working?!

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 16:46:51 »

Praise The Lord.
The tannoy is working.
Hallelujah.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 16:50:20 »

'It's like people when they say Tannoy when they mean public address system. Tannoy is a brand name.'

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 16:58:15 »

A-ha!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 17:12:26 »

Shaun who does the mike on a matchday has pics on his fb page with them sorting it so panic over everyone now what will the next sleepless nights be over - I bet there will even be police at tomorrow's game  Clap
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #6 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 18:10:35 »

Shaun who does the mike on a matchday has pics on his fb page with them sorting it so panic over everyone now what will the next sleepless nights be over - I bet there will even be police at tomorrow's game  Clap

But only if they volunteer to do it for nothing!   Smiley
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 18:20:40 »

Maybe they can sort the scoreboard and the floodlights now!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 18:25:44 »

Went down to the CG this afternoon to get the Brighton game put on the STs - the tannoy was definitely working if the noise coming from the ground was anything to go by!!  The guy who served me said was I aware that I have £5 credit on my season ticket?  I didn't realise that every purchase made in the shop qualifies for 10% cash back, credited to your season ticket.  I asked them why they didn't publicise it more and just got a "Dunno"!    Hmmm Hmmm
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 18:38:59 »

Maybe they can sort the scoreboard and the floodlights now!

There must be an underlying reason on the floodlights, as I don't think I have ever seen them fully lit. Its probably along the lines of the bulbs were tesla prototypes and one only comes up on ebay every 5 years at 10k a pop.
REDBUCK

« Reply #10 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 18:50:50 »

But why do we need them fully lit? When wax the last time we had a night game called off through dodgy lights
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 18:53:24 »

Ask Tranmere . On second thoughts better not !
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 19:03:29 »

I got told about it when I bought the away shirt after the scunny game.

I'm literally ecstatic about the public address system being fixed, I'm going to celebrate with some cheese and red wine once I get to my dad's gaff.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 21:14:38 »

But why do we need them fully lit? When wax the last time we had a night game called off through dodgy lights

Because it annoys OCD sufferers like me!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 21:39:19 »

Nice to see James from SMBC theatre appearing on this site.

As for the tannoy being fixed, let's fucking dance with joy.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: