Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Win a signed shirt in the TrustSTFC fans survey  (Read 2516 times)
Whits
Morphined Up

« on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 18:49:15 »

TrustSTFC are offering Town fans the chance to win a shirt signed by all the first team players. All you have to do is complete our fans survey, part of our ongoing support for the clubs desire to develop a new stadium at the County Ground.

The stadium development is critical to the long-term survival of the club and TrustSTFC have played a leading role in getting the plans to the stage they are at now. The fans survey is the next stage in that campaign.

As part of TrustSTFC's lobbying effort to support the proposed redevelopment of the County Ground, we've spoken to a lot of councillors and other interested parties around the town and one theme which keeps coming up is why its so important this development succeeds so that Swindon doesn't lose its only professional football club. and, as part of that, the benefits the club brings to the town.

To be fair, very few of them needed convincing of the benefits in terms of pride and sporting spin-offs which having a professional football club can bring, but quite a few were surprised when we started talking about the amount of money the club brings into the town, in terms of fans coming to Swindon to watch football who wouldn't otherwise come here.

So we thought we should prove it to them by doing a survey of how much fans, home and away, spend in Swindon as a direct result of having the club here.

Representatives from TrustSTFC will be out and about before many forthcoming home matches with survey forms, and you can also complete the survey online by clicking on this link

Everybody who completes the survey will be entered into a prize draw to win a signed first team shirt, kindly donated by the club. All information supplied will be used solely for the purposes of the survey and not passed on to any other party.

Survey is @ http://www.truststfc.co.uk/survey.php

good luck

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
STFC Village

« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 20:12:23 »

Done Cheesy
Sussex

« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 20:16:13 »

'Tis done too.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 20:19:20 »

it got me thinking, how many times would i come to swindon without a club being there.

0  :?

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Sussex

« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 20:27:09 »

Same as you Whits.

Apart from visiting my dad in Chippenham, STFC is the only reason I travel to Wiltshire.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 20:32:58 »

im done
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 20:33:14 »

I hardly ever go to Swindon other than the footy...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 20:33:15 »

I'm nearer Swindon than Oxford by about 5 miles, but I always go to Swindon purely because the parking is cheaper, you don't get lost, it's much less crowded and I know the place.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 20:36:51 »

Quote from: "Sussex Red"
Same as you Whits.

Apart from visiting my dad in Chippenham, STFC is the only reason I travel to Wiltshire.

Exactly and there's a lot like you guys. What we're trying to do is make the council/Chamber of Commerce/New Swindon Company/General Movers and Shakers realise quite how much money the club brings to the town and specifically the town centre. If we can get a decent enough sample size (ie enough people fill it out) we can then hopefully come up with an annual figure and say "Having STFC at the County Ground is worth x million a year to this town" - it's the perfect answer to all those who say "Well I don't care about football" etc. The question becomes not should Swindon people (even non-fans) back the CG redevlopment but can they afford not to?

Oh, and if you want to help collecting the survey we're starting before tomorrow's game (although that's a bit of a trial run). Everyone welcome - meet at the Trust office at 6.30. Pompous clipboard provided! Don't panic if you can't make it bang on 6.30 - if you're late there'll be someone there till 10 mins or so before kick off to hand out the clipboards and direct you to an appropriate place not yet covered. All help gratefully received.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 21:03:51 »

Just done it.

STFC is the only reason I come to Swindon apart from very rare distant family do's etc, probably once every 3/4 years.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 21:18:18 »

i normally go to swindon town centre on matchdays about 0 times a season! or visit swindon otherwise really. no reason too!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 21:19:13 »

Only the cinema, or the occasional shopping trip but then I prefer going to Bath
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 21:22:14 »

to buy your glow in the dark duck keyrings  Soapy Tit Wank then someone pierces them in 2/3 days.

Think i would go to swindon more often now, if i hadn't when i was younger. seemed like i went there everyday when i was younger. and if sports soccer closes down, like it says it is, then i won't bother going to swindon centre at all!
Spud

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2005, 04:32:41 »

Done and dusted.
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2005, 10:20:13 »

On balance, do you believe the football club is or is not better located at the County Ground rather than (e.g.) on the outskirts of Swindon? yes no

Now there's a fucking badly worded question.
In fact, the whole thing could have been thought about a little more thoroughly.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: