Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flexi ticket  (Read 5316 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, August 7, 2014, 12:28:18 »

Do they get ID as such? Surely the ticket men aren't going to question a 60/65 yr old?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, August 7, 2014, 12:45:43 »

It is something that we are looking at currently and the logistics of things our end.
Please keep an eye out further into the season

sounds promising.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, August 7, 2014, 13:19:12 »

Another scheme I would advocate is for games we're expecting a low attendance, sell heavily discounted tickets to local primary schools.

For example, allocate the two Arkells blocks closest to The Town End or even Stratton Bank in the summer and get the tickets shifted. Sell 20 schools 50 tickets each at £1 a go, If you let the schools sell them on for £3 each, they'll be making some money out of it, so they'll be wanting to sell them and do the heavy promoting for us.

It's not a huge money spinner as this would only be about a £1,000 per game scheme based on the example, maybe a bit more after a few have bought a burger and a coke. If it's a game you're pretty much guaranteed to have a large amount of seats empty though, then why not fill them with kids that would otherwise not go or not be able to afford to go? Better to see The County Ground full(er) and if 1% of those kids turn into fans for life and the club has 10 extra adult season ticket holders on their hands in 10-15 years time, then it's been a small success. Every little counts at this level.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, August 7, 2014, 13:28:28 »

It's already free for under 11s isn't it?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, August 7, 2014, 13:38:35 »

Accompanied by an adult yes, I guess what Chalky is advocating is a group of kids per one/two minders.
Not every kid would be able to get a full price adult to take them
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, August 7, 2014, 14:17:20 »

I totally agree with CWIG's theory, sadly we wouldn't get anything out of food sales as Jed sold that off - and for nine seasons I believe!!
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, August 7, 2014, 15:20:55 »

We might not make money off the food and drink, but I bet a fair few would buy a programme, maybe a few shirts/scarves in the shop.

Even if we made no money off them at all it's worth it just to inject some more life into the side stands.

Under 11s are technically free, but they have to be a junior red, which costs £35 a year, to get that. Chalky's idea means they wouldn't have to fork out anything other than the minimal ticket price.

I'm all for it, should do it for every match that won't sell well.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, August 7, 2014, 15:44:49 »

Nothing worse than hordes of screaming kids at sporting venues......if their parents want to bring them, then it's free, which is fine.

Also, I know we wouldn't make any cash out of the food, but with the obesity epidemic, it's surely wrong for an FC to encourage kids to consume shite they don't need.

Much better, to have kids groups in, for a run around at half time etc
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, August 7, 2014, 16:58:33 »

I forgot about the JedCo deal with the food. Still a programme and a shirt/scarf here and there, like I said every little counts at this level. Would also be a good excuse to target schools in the surrounding areas. Keep a few Berkshire kids out of Reading shirts, a few West Wilts kids out of City/Rovers shirts, etc.

The screaming kids atmosphere type deal, shouldn't be a problem as long as the adults are making some sort of noise. Just don't give them any plastic horns like Under 21 games.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, August 7, 2014, 22:13:54 »

Its under 10 on (1/8/14).

I know because my lad is 10 on 10/10 Smiley. Hope that makes some of you feel as old as it does me.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: