Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mad Italians  (Read 5358 times)
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, August 5, 2014, 19:01:45 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leeds-united/11013554/Leeds-United-owner-Massimo-Cellino-tells-fans-We-will-do-this-my-way.html

Really can't see Hockaday lasting long at Leeds. This guy sounds as crazy as PDC. Surely Paolo will get the Elland Road gig at some point. Sure it wouldn't last long either but would be spectacularly egotistical whilst it did. To help with his sustainability project maybe Lee Power could get Agombar, Harley or Darren Ward or Darren Ward to go round turning the lights off whilst they are still on the payroll but not doing much else.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2014, 19:31:05 »

The fella will probably just appoint himself as manager at some point. Hockaday seems to be the definition of a cone collector at the moment.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2014, 19:54:00 »

The fella will probably just appoint himself as manager at some point. Hockaday seems to be the definition of a cone collector at the moment.

Hockaday can't really lose though, can he? From FGR to probable early casualty at Leeds. It is worth the potential grief from the underwhelmed Leeds fans, and the relationship with the less than stable owner. It could work out ok for him - having a dotty owner seemingly making all the decisions could deflect criticism, he's doing a job most coaches/managers would bite your hand off to have a chance at doing, and his bank account will probably look pretty healthy at the end of his time there.

Ranger, now Ajose. Dave's certainly taking advantage of his punditry seat at the CG. I wonder if Mason or Stephens might make an appearance?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2014, 19:55:33 »

He's Mmmm
He's mmmm,
He's Maaaad sir.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 5, 2014, 20:26:01 »

He'll be laughing when he gets a big fat compo payout when he gets the boot.

Then we'll get lumbered with the boring fucker co commentating again.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 07:59:16 »

Wouldn't be surprised if Hockaday ends up here tbh. I wish him nothing but luck at Leeds though, he's gonna need it.
iffy

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 09:39:22 »

When it comes to boardroom ineptitude, Leeds are basically a bigger version of Swindon.

Cellino is like a terrifying combination of the worst of di Canio and McCrory. He's got that Italian fascist make-the-trains-run-on-time despotism that sees him fining ball boys, demeaning his manager and turning all the lights off, whilst spinning a load of "i love the fans" crap that endeared Jed to the more credulous end of our fanbase.

6 months and LUFC are in admin again. That's probably a best case scenario, unfortunately.

kerry red

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 10:12:43 »

When McCormack's proposed sale to Fulham came up, Hockaday said 'Sell him'

Cellino's response was, 'Shut the fuck up, what do you fucking know'

Sounds like a marriage made in heaven
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 13:19:40 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2717222/Leeds-United-don-t-chairs-owner-Massimo-Cellino-mess-engulfed-Elland-Road.html#ixzz39YiYz1aN
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 20:57:06 »

If these quote are real this is my fave

‘Ross McCormack is a beautiful player. I didn’t come to Leeds to sell Ross McCormack. But for him I was nothing, a new owner, he’s got a lot of money from Fulham, the chance to live in London. What can I say? I love you McCormack, stay with me?
‘He doesn’t give a f***. He didn’t show up to training. He didn’t fly with the club to pre-season. I was so p***** off that when Fulham called me I asked them for £10m to make them not buy the player. They said yes! Bloody hell.
‘David Hockaday, the first day he heard McCormack wanted to go he said, “I don’t want him in pre- season, sell him”. I told Hockaday, “Did I ask your f****** advice? No. So shut the f*** up”

It wouldn't surprise me if Di Canio ends up there

kerry red

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 21:02:56 »

Could you imagine it, though!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 21:05:02 »

If these quote are real this is my fave

‘Ross McCormack is a beautiful player. I didn’t come to Leeds to sell Ross McCormack. But for him I was nothing, a new owner, he’s got a lot of money from Fulham, the chance to live in London. What can I say? I love you McCormack, stay with me?
‘He doesn’t give a f***. He didn’t show up to training. He didn’t fly with the club to pre-season. I was so p***** off that when Fulham called me I asked them for £10m to make them not buy the player. They said yes! Bloody hell.
‘David Hockaday, the first day he heard McCormack wanted to go he said, “I don’t want him in pre- season, sell him”. I told Hockaday, “Did I ask your f****** advice? No. So shut the f*** up”

It wouldn't surprise me if Di Canio ends up there

What a fucking nutter...if it's real, that is.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Only Me

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #12 on: Friday, August 8, 2014, 06:10:33 »

He is brilliant
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, August 8, 2014, 15:13:01 »

Surely when his court paperwork comes out he may well fail the owners test - but then thye have given him ownership now so I expect it will all be forgotten about
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 17:59:17 »

Leeds press saying today's result will be the end for Hockaday. He'll be back on BBC Wilts for Coventry game.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: