Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luton Away  (Read 8863 times)
Langers

Ignore
« on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 10:19:21 »

Anyone going? It's just about do able for me to get there after work.

Bit pricey mind, especially for a first round cup tie.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 11:05:02 »

Anyone going? It's just about do able for me to get there after work.

Bit pricey mind, especially for a first round cup tie.

I suspect one for the diehards....there's a general feeling of ennui around the club atm; for example did I miss an open day/fun day type thing that we've had in recent years?  Not expecting an all singing all dancing Fitton era show, but even the Diamond Mike regime, could put on an open training session at the CG, for the younger fans to connect a bit.

Well I remember watching Cureton and Thorpe bitching to King at such an event and thinking what a pair of shits....
DRS

« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 13:26:43 »

I suspect one for the diehards....there's a general feeling of ennui around the club atm; for example did I miss an open day/fun day type thing that we've had in recent years?  Not expecting an all singing all dancing Fitton era show, but even the Diamond Mike regime, could put on an open training session at the CG, for the younger fans to connect a bit.

Well I remember watching Cureton and Thorpe bitching to King at such an event and thinking what a pair of shits....
Was thinking that myself yesterday Reg. Clubs all a bit a shit at the moment
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 14:06:13 »

Was thinking that myself yesterday Reg. Clubs all a bit a shit at the moment

After the negative PR of the summer, you'd imagine the sponsors, and any potential sponsors would want to see some kind of activity to get their name out there...

It will be interesting to see what the crowd is on Saturday....which brings me on to the ticket banding, I've yet to see anywhere whether it's a gold silver or bronze....has anyone else? If not piss poor.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 14:10:27 »

I've yet to see anywhere whether it's a gold silver or bronze....has anyone else. If not piss poor.

Tis £25 on the OS so Silver I guess
Crewe and Cov listed as £25 for adults on side stands too
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 14:21:02 »

Tis £25 on the OS so Silver I guess
Crewe and Cov listed as £25 for adults on side stands too

You've done well to have found that...I still can't find it after you've told me.

The last time fan's properly anticipated a poor season in 05/06, because of the sale of SSP, shed load of loans, etc we opened up at the CG v Oldham in front of 5200, got a feeling it was a Tuesday night mind....Tony Thorpe managed a goal.

Fewer than 7000, will set a few alarms ringing.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 14:35:03 »

You've done well to have found that...I still can't find it after you've told me.

Yeah unfortunately you actually have to go to select a seat before prices become visible.
Not ideal at all
kerry red

« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 14:35:08 »

Scunny will bring loads!

As an aside about pricing, a fella at work paid £29 for 2 Arsenal friendlies against 2 good European sides this pre season, whereas anyone who went to our Leeds/Southampton combo forked out £30.

Summat wrong somewhere
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 14:40:13 »

Yeah unfortunately you actually have to go to select a seat before prices become visible.
Not ideal at all

I see, so walk ups on Saturday won't have a clue....never a good idea to put too many obstacles in the way of potential attendees.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 14:41:37 »

Scunny will bring loads!

They have been given 250 initially
http://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/article/swindon-ticket-details-august-1801312.aspx
Tho are available on the day too

Hopefully they will bring more than 250 with it being season opener plus in a new division
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 14:44:19 »

They have been given 250 initially
http://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/article/swindon-ticket-details-august-1801312.aspx
Tho are available on the day too

Hopefully they will bring more than 250 with it being season opener plus in a new division
Scunny have never had a large away following at Swindon, I would be shocked if they brought any more than 450.

They only took more than 500 to 2 away games, Mansfield and Chesterfield last season, both of those are around 50 miles from Scunthorpe.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 4, 2014, 14:49:21 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 14:52:38 »

Scunny have never had a large away following at Swindon, I would be shocked if they brought any more than 450.

I recall a game in our 1st Div 4 season, it was around the festive period, and may have been an evening KO...Scunny like us were going well, and they had a number of proper good lads in the Shrivenham Road, old skool banter about the merits and demerits of Steve Cammack.  Julian Broddle's sexual orientation may have been a topic as well.

It kicked off a bit at Scunny final game 12/13, so that might have to be factored in.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 14:59:52 »

I struggle to see how any of this seasons fixtures are Gold. Charging £25 a ticket for League One football is bad enough, £27 is an abomination. Surely they're all Bronze with the exception of Bristol City maybe? If we were in The Championship a banding system might make sense.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 15:09:46 »

Don't the clubs who usually use a banding system sell out (or nearly) every week?..

Even in the Championship, would this be the case for us?..I can't see the need for it, really.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 4, 2014, 15:11:33 »

7000 is a bit optimistic Reg, it's holiday season after all.

That said, with season tickets down and walkup prices still relatively high you may have the same point come September.

The club has lost the buzz. To me that's inevitable due to the cost cutting.

From a playing point of view it feels like we are back to pre-Fitton levels now. Let's hope off the pitch doesn't go the same way Smiley
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: