Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: World Cup Day 8  (Read 35003 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 21:56:16 »

We were the better team.

But a chain is as strong as its weakest link.

Not in the game I watched.

Turgid stuff. Little movement off the ball. Poor passing. Comedy diving. Carried very little threat. Combined with our inability to defend solidly for 90 mins. Was a normal England performance for me.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 22:00:22 »

I thought both Italy and Uruguay were there for the taking. Hopefully this can put to bed the thought that we have any world class players. In fact if you picked 10 world teams we wouldn't have a player in them. 
Levi lapper

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 22:01:50 »

Can't believe I'm saying this but maybe it's time to play ugly and bring in tony pullis. At least we might keep a clean sheet.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 22:03:08 »

I thought both Italy and Uruguay were there for the taking. Hopefully this can put to bed the thought that we have any world class players. In fact if you picked 10 world teams we wouldn't have a player in them.  

I think Sterling could do a job in couple of top 10 teams. Shame how our previous strength of having a strong defence but having a lack of pace has been reversed and we're now shite at the back...
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 22:03:48 »

England dive a lot. Pretty pathetic stuff.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 22:08:38 »

I thought we were better than Uruguay and Italy.

We lost both games because we didn't take the chances we created and then we had momentary lapses in defence.

At this level that is what decides games and our failings are unacceptable.

Rooney should have scored more than one goal with the chances he's had over the two games. He has had more than enough chances now at major tournaments and it's time someone else had a chance. Why not Lambert? He might not be the answer but we'll never know unless we try. Same argument with Gerrard.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 22:16:44 »

We weren't better though, as same old one dimensional stuff, that we've pumped out for the last 25 years. The better teams don't have to try that hard to beat us. My daughter's first time watching the world cup properly and she said Swindon would beat England, and I don't think that stretches incredibility much.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 22:29:42 »

Don't disagree but we are playing run into defenders and lose it and pass to the opposition so not exactly modern football either.

Sounds exactly like modern football.
I miss wingers and centre forwards.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 22:30:42 »

Italy will piss all over Costa Rica and make sure they go through then rest half the side against Uruguay and play out the draw they will both be happy with. It won't matter what England do.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 22:32:01 »

As a Swindon fan for over 30 years, it's fair to say that expectations have been met and  disappointment is something you learn to live with...

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 22:34:31 »

You know what the problem was the past two games? Two opposing strikers, both of whom are game changers.

We don't have players like them and we won't for a few years. No-one who can pull out that killer instinct or touch of class to level or pull ahead of an even game.

But let's not forget we should have had at least one penalty in the Italy game and Uruguay's captain should have been sent off tonight. All this wrist-slitting is going a bit far.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 22:37:28 »

As a Swindon fan for over 30 years, it's fair to say that expectations have been met and  disappointment is something you learn to live with...

Yeah nail on head there. What did we all do in a previous life..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 22:49:36 »

Pre tournament, most sensible people suggested, it would be a major achievement to get out of this group. We didn't, so not really a surprise.  On balance Hodgson has done ok, and if he wants to carry on and see out his contract to the next Euro, then fair enough.

Nevertheless, needs a win v Costa Rica...or his job will be untenable.
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 22:51:38 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 23:40:58 »

Ah, you bunch of negative twats. Italy will storm past Costa Coffee and Uruguay, we'll smack Costa and whatever other goal differency bits or whatever we need. The unlikely salvation will galvanise the team, and Roy who will undergo a transformation not seen since the video of Rik Mayall's posthumous "For England and King Harry" smash hit, and thus energised we'll smash past a surprised Brazil in the quarters, then experience such a tumescent surge of self-belief we'll go on to win the thing. And tonight will go down in history as a "Ha ha do you remember when we thought we were out and how miserable everyone was?" moment.

You read it here first. And probably the only time you'll read it too Smiley

#Believe. #ROAAAAAAARRRRR. #UnlikelyBollocks
Talk Talk

« Reply #44 on: Friday, June 20, 2014, 00:36:30 »

You read it here first. And probably the only time you'll read it too Smiley

I never thought it would get to this Paul, but can you push some of those hallucinogenic substances my way? I could do with a laugh.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: