Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Guess/who do you want on opening day thread 14/15...  (Read 6674 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 08:42:10 »

August is good, 3 home games and local matches at Crawley and Luton.

September is bobbins, might book a holiday for the month!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 08:43:39 »

That's a tough looking end to the season.

With so many Norvern teams maybe there will be extra STFC support at those that are relatively close

Really all we can do atm, is take baby steps.  What looked like a reasonably promising position a back in Feb/March, was torpedoed by the Court case.

It's been spookily quiet through the close season....maybe nothing to worry about, but given our history, you have to.. Sad
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 08:45:50 »

No franchise away?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 08:46:56 »

Gills home and away on Tuesday evenings?   
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 08:47:33 »

That's a tough looking end to the season.

I think the end of season run in looks good:

Sat, Apr 4: Franchise (H) - Draw
Mon, Apr 6: Bristol City (A) - 3pts
Sat, Apr 11: Peterborough United (H) - half decent stab at 3pts.
Tue, Apr 14: Rochdale (A) - 3pts.
Sat, Apr 18: Yeovil Town (H) - Piss easy 3 pts.
Sat, Apr 25: Preston North End (A) - Draw/Loss
Sat, May 2: Leyton Orient (H) - Draw

Obviously this all depends on many factors but it looks a half decent chance at sneaking into the playoffs/autos at the end of next season.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 08:50:08 »

Really all we can do atm, is take baby steps.  What looked like a reasonably promising position a back in Feb/March, was torpedoed by the Court case.

It's been spookily quiet through the close season....maybe nothing to worry about, but given our history, you have to.. Sad
Most of the quietness I put down to the court case, there is no way Power will invest in manpower or signings if he is no longer deemed to be in control of the club come the 26th June.

If Jed is (however unlikely it seems) said to have a stake/full ownership of the club then there are many rumours he will oust Cooper from his role (cue Cooper haters joy) so it is entirely understandable that there is a deafening silence from the CG at the moment.

I don't like it either but I fully appreciate that nothing can be done until that date.

At least most players arent even out of contract until the 1st July so I doubt we have missed out on any potential signings yet, even though PdC would have probably signed 12 players by now Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 09:00:22 »

More importantly, where's Si Pie's iCal app?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 09:03:13 »

Most of the quietness I put down to the court case, there is no way Power will invest in manpower or signings if he is no longer deemed to be in control of the club come the 26th June.

If Jed is (however unlikely it seems) said to have a stake/full ownership of the club then there are many rumours he will oust Cooper from his role (cue Cooper haters joy) so it is entirely understandable that there is a deafening silence from the CG at the moment.

I don't like it either but I fully appreciate that nothing can be done until that date.

At least most players arent even out of contract until the 1st July so I doubt we have missed out on any potential signings yet, even though PdC would have probably signed 12 players by now Cheesy

All good points...
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 09:53:25 »

this

Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 10:19:07 »

Yeah Si, pull your finger out. It's been 2 hours since the fixtures came out!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 10:20:59 »

There's really very little in there to get the juices going.....

That's because bar a couple of brief flirtations with the basement division, we've been stuck in Division Three for nearly 15 years now.  All these Chesterfields, Colchesters, Tranmeres and Orients are starting to blend in to an indistinguishable mass of sameness.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 10:42:10 »

I can see our away support plumetting with the Slave Traders being the only decent one. Heres hoping for a good cup run.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 10:42:12 »

That's because bar a couple of brief flirtations with the basement division, we've been stuck in Division Three for nearly 15 years now.  All these Chesterfields, Colchesters, Tranmeres and Orients are starting to blend in to an indistinguishable mass of sameness.

Not just that. Over the recent past, there's been a Wolves, Forest, Leeds, Leicester, Norwich, Soton down here, to leaven the dough a bit, some seasons even a couple of them.

Then, sometimes locals like Rovers, Cheltnumb to add a bit of spice.   A seaside trip, like a Bormuff, Plymuff, Pompey, Brighton or even a Torquay, is always welcome....but now all somewhere else.

No, however you want to look at it, aside from Bristol City, there's not much to excite.
kerry red

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 10:46:38 »

Coventry is Ok, though.

It's like the old Division 3 (North) has be resurrected just for us!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 10:50:45 »

Coventry is Ok, though.

It's like the old Division 3 (North) has be resurrected just for us!

Coventry, playing at Sixfields in front of 1500, doesn't quite cut it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: