Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is my parking ticket still valid?  (Read 2741 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Saturday, June 7, 2014, 20:08:27 »

So i got a parking ticket for parking for double yellows out side my house, yes it my fault and i've had my fair share of tickets which i have paid no questions asked.

But i noticed something on this ticket, although it has the correct reg the PA has taken down the wrong make of vehicle.
Is this good enough ground for a cheeky appeal?

If there's no guarantee i'd rather just pay the 35 quid rather than the 70
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 7, 2014, 22:10:05 »

You could try.

My mate got a summons from some agency and she never even had a ticket. I said to her to get them to prove they gave her a ticket before she paid up, she asked for evidence and never heard any more. Fucking chancers.
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 7, 2014, 22:34:21 »

So i got a parking ticket for parking for double yellows out side my house, yes it my fault and i've had my fair share of tickets which i have paid no questions asked.

But i noticed something on this ticket, although it has the correct reg the PA has taken down the wrong make of vehicle.

Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 7, 2014, 22:54:03 »

Sorry. Bloody useless phone.

Yes, it is worth an appeal on the grounds that the PA has submitted incorrect information. You stand a good chance of success since the prosecuting authority will not want to waste time/money referring the case to an independent adjudicator.

Don't worry about having to pay 70 quid instead of 35....once the appeal is lodged then the payment time frame is frozen. Even if the decision goes against you then the fine will still only be £35. So you have nothing to lose but everything to gain (ie £35 to spend on beers instead).

Two pieces of advice:

1) State in your appeal that you have taken legal advice.
2) Deliver the appeal personally and obtain a receipt.

All the best.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 8, 2014, 07:51:37 »

Appeal all the way. Even if the informal appeal is rejected formally appeal it after that. It isn't valid.

One caveat though...if you've debadged then they could probably argue their case
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 8, 2014, 07:53:47 »

When you appeal just say you don't recall being parked illegally on that day and do not own said make of car as your car is a different make (but don't state what).
fatbasher

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, June 8, 2014, 08:09:07 »

Yes, simple.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, June 16, 2014, 18:00:48 »

got a letter today...successfully appealed....suckers.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Monday, June 16, 2014, 19:49:07 »

Won my appeal today too w00t!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: