Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Car Stereo - Aux Input  (Read 3495 times)
DMR

« on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 14:44:08 »

Friends and associates,

I'm rubbish at this sort of caper, so forgive me, and yes I've read various motoring/audio forums, but I still can't get my head round it.

I recently purchased a 2006 Focus, and on the CD Player there is a button that says AUX. After searching through the car, and checking various reports, it transpires not all models actually have an aux input.

As I am clueless about car audio, I have several questions...
1. How the fuck do I put one in?
2. Or more pertinently, is this something Halfords could do?
3. What's the going rate for such an installation?
4. Does anyone on here want to do it for me for a few quid?

Photos/more info available on request if it would assist...

Love,
DMR
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 14:48:42 »

I had a 2005 (last of the old shape Focus)...

The Aux port was literally the same as a 'headphone socket' on the face of the stereo.

Failing that, I think most have the facility to put in an Aux..in a lot of cases it's normally just plugging a jack into the back of the stereo and feeding it through.

Although, I'm no expert myself...this is just going on what I've been told.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 15:12:02 »

Sounds about right. Only the focus titanium had the port fitted as standard, optional extra in other models.

You checked in the glove box to make sure it's not fitted right?
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 15:19:26 »

You checked in the glove box to make sure it's not fitted right?

I had a 2006 Focus and this is where it was located. Open the glove box and it should be on the top front.
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 15:21:33 »

Sister just had this problem with a 2006 Fiesta, does the button show AUX on the screen when you press it? We ordered the AUX part from Amazon for £8 and got it fitted in 20 minutes from a guy who was recommended to her at Ash's Auto's out at Bassett Down for I think £30 it was installed at the back of the unit and the cable brought through the glove box, was quoted £130 from Ford and Halfords etc said they couldn't do it and was told by the place down Westmead industrial estate that the car didn't have the software and if you mucked about would mean the whole audio wouldn't work which is why I ask if it shows AUX on the screen when you press the button because I think that shows that the software is installed. Anyway I would recommend giving  Ash Wade a call or e-mail and see what he says no is: 01793 812692 or e-mail is: ash@ashsautos.co.uk, would definitely recommend him.
DMR

« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 15:22:05 »

No, no aux in glove box, as Batch said, they confirmed that some models didn't have one installed.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 15:24:41 »

No, no aux in glove box, as Batch said, they confirmed that some models didn't have one installed.

Do you have the Sony stereo ?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 15:29:07 »

Make sure you have the unlock key code if you get it done in case they remove the battery.... There used to be a free unlock software on the internet for it if not - saves ford rip off
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 15:36:01 »

Make sure you have the unlock key code if you get it done in case they remove the battery.... There used to be a free unlock software on the internet for it if not - saves ford rip off

A lot of the time, the unlock code is scribbled in the Audio section of the manual...

Assuming it's a factory fitted Stereo, that is..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 15:43:11 »

My McLaren P1 has AUX
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 19, 2014, 13:09:18 »

Buy a stereo from halfords for about £80, fitting is about £15.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 19, 2014, 20:08:01 »

Aux sockets aren't the best anyway, as you can't control the music through the stereo
Talk Talk

« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 19, 2014, 22:14:19 »

Aux sockets aren't the best anyway, as you can't control the music through the stereo

Unless you come from one of the outlying villages and then the six fingers on three hands come into their own.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: