Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Bluetooth' Speakers too quiet  (Read 6064 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, April 8, 2014, 21:29:07 »

Ok, so I have a little bluetooth dongle (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A25WBLO/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that I bought a while back to connect stuff to my big living room speakers wirelessly. Works great, not had any problems with it, until yesterday, when I was trying to listen to something from my laptop and the volume was too low. Even with my speaker, laptop, and media player volume controls all the way up, the sound was simply not loud enough. Same problem occurs on all the sofware I've tested that makes noise.

It's only a problem I'm having with my laptop- synced up my phone to the device and it's loud and clear. Figure it must be a problem with the software volume of my laptop's bluetooth being set too low, but bugger me, I can't work out how to turn it up.

The volume is maxed out on the usual volume control in control panel. Un and re-installed my bluetooth and sound drivers (rebooted laptop fully three or four times in the process) and it's not helped. Laptop speakers still work perfectly fine if called upon but I want to listen to music on my big speakers and shake the fucking house down.

Using Win7, thanks in advance.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2014, 21:33:39 »

test with this:

hth.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2014, 21:36:57 »

this may also help:

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2014, 21:40:34 »

Ta Sonic, that's cleared it right up. Sterling work.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2014, 21:47:49 »

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2014, 21:49:10 »

What bluetooth adapter does your laptop have? I don't recall ever seeing a bluetooth volume setting though but I've never used it for sound on a laptop.

I presume you've had a good look at the sound properties in here? Everything on full?

obviously you'll need to select the appropriate output device and then click on Properties
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2014, 21:57:37 »

What bluetooth adapter does your laptop have?

It's internal, reads as an 'RFCOMM Protocol TDI' on 'Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 + high speed adapter'

The Centrino bit makes me think it's built into the wireless card, but I haven't fiddled around with laptops with inbuilt bluetooth before so I've got NO idea.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2014, 22:05:37 »

Without having the laptop in front of me to dig around and click randomly until it works, the only thing I can think of is some stupid volume setting hidden away in a sub-menu of a sub-menu somewhere but usually if I don't know the answer to something like this at work I just make something up and go back to my office for some peace and quiet.

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2014, 22:09:24 »

Without having the laptop in front of me to dig around and click randomly until it works, the only thing I can think of is some stupid volume setting hidden away in a sub-menu of a sub-menu somewhere but usually if I don't know the answer to something like this at work I just make something up and go back to my office for some peace and quiet.

Yeahhh, probably what I'd do. I shall continue to fiddle. Worth chucking on here just in case someone had a quick answer...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: