Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pritchard  (Read 12100 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 08:47:19 »

I have no reason to disbelieve anything you say, but why would Cooper be telling somebody on the TEF the retained list?  It would not be his decision anyway!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 09:10:47 »

I have no reason to disbelieve anything you say, but why would Cooper be telling somebody on the TEF the retained list?  It would not be his decision anyway!

No of course, I forgot he has zero impact on transfers, that's all done by Spurs/Power/JFK  Roll Eyes
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 09:33:44 »

I have no reason to disbelieve anything you say, but why would Cooper be telling somebody on the TEF the retained list?  It would not be his decision anyway!
Digby said something along the same lines as what Iffy said in that if Troy could play every week he would be here next season, Ward may have played his last game for us, Nathan Thompson will be captain for the foreseeable future.
Flashheart

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 09:38:20 »

Surely Troy's condition will improve though? Will it not be a case of he wont be here unless he fully recovers.
kerry red

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 09:45:31 »

I'd still rather have Troy for 30 matches if that's all he can manage.

Whoever his replacement may be is unlikely to be as good.

Not many players play every game anyway what with injury and suspension
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 09:53:07 »

Surely Troy's condition will improve though? Will it not be a case of he wont be here unless he fully recovers.
Exactly. Lunacy to just say at this stage that he won't be here next season (not disbelieving anything that was said, just think it's far too early to be writing a player off who has shown so real sign of past injuries thus far since his comeback) A good pre-season could make all the difference with Troy next season.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 09:59:10 »

Exactly. Lunacy to just say at this stage that he won't be here next season (not disbelieving anything that was said, just think it's far too early to be writing a player off who has shown so real sign of past injuries thus far since his comeback) A good pre-season could make all the difference with Troy next season.
I agree, I don't disbelieve what Cooper said but it does conflict with what Power said in a pre match interview a few weeks back when he said he was trying hard to get Troy signed up for at least next season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 10:04:13 »

I bet Cooper turn out to be right on this.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 10:06:39 »

I dont think it's a case of his injury not flaring up, I think it's a case of he won't be able to play 46 games a season, and we're paying a lot for him.

I hope he stays. Even if he can only play 30 games I'd take it, but he'd have to take a massive reduction in wages. And there's always the risk he will get injured again as well.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 12:08:25 »

I dont think it's a case of his injury not flaring up, I think it's a case of he won't be able to play 46 games a season, and we're paying a lot for him.

I hope he stays. Even if he can only play 30 games I'd take it, but he'd have to take a massive reduction in wages. And there's always the risk he will get injured again as well.

Spot on, he must be the highest earner at the club.

I didn't think he was too keen on Swindon (if you believe Twitter). I'd imagine he'd tell us to fuck off, even without the 50% wage cut!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 12:26:35 »

Spot on, he must be the highest earner at the club.

I didn't think he was too keen on Swindon (if you believe Twitter). I'd imagine he'd tell us to fuck off, even without the 50% wage cut!

If he stays fit (and can pass a medical) he will be able to earn more and play at a higher level so he will bugger off at contract end.

If he cannot stay fit or pass a medical we won't want to keep paying wages for an injured player so he will be gone at end of contract.

Just don't see a scenario where he will be here next season.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 12:41:44 »

On the Washbag podcast one of the guests, Andrew Steel Davis I think, was suggesting that it won't. Sounds like a bit of a Ledley King situation, can't play more than once a week and has to train separately in different way.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 12:48:45 »

On the Washbag podcast one of the guests, Andrew Steel Davis I think, was suggesting that it won't. Sounds like a bit of a Ledley King situation, can't play more than once a week and has to train separately in different way.

If only I could get away with working once/twice a week on inflated wages!

On a serious note, I appreciate the injury has to be managed, and from what I have seen so far he looks a good player, but you have to weigh the benefit of his talent agaisnt the cost and frequency of how often he can play.
Flashheart

« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 12:50:47 »

Sounds like a luxury we cannot afford then. What a Shame.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 13:08:35 »

Sounds like a luxury we cannot afford then. What a Shame.
In a 20 man squad he needs players that can play every match. As iv already put he said himself he was an outstanding player.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 2, 2014, 13:10:19 by singingiiiffy » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: