Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sam Allen Grave  (Read 2948 times)
jamesturner

Ignore
« on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 12:53:29 »

Since my original posting that there was a shortfall of the funding needed to complete the restoration of the grave of Sam Allen i am pleased to announce that the funding has now been completed and the restoration can now commence.I would like to that all the members who have kindly contributed to the fund and a thanks to Cliff Ponting of the Swindon Supporters Trust who have donated £200 towards the project.
Just to reassure members that when all funds have been received if there is a surplus then a continuation of this project is aimed at the replacement of the Roll of Honour (1st World War)at the County Ground which is one of the mysteries along with the Dubonnet Cup which has gone missing.
I will keep members posted on this site regarding the Sam Allen Grave or if you wish to contact me you can e mail on james.turner3@ntlworld.com
Equally if you feel you would like to help Dick Mattick and myself with any further projects again you can contact me direct.

Regards

James Turner
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 13:09:37 »

I've never heard of the roll of honour or the Dubonnet Cup, is it recent years these went missing or not known about, any info on what these are would be interesting, learn a little more of the history of the club.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 13:11:16 »

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Text.asp?Page=1910_DC

Dubbonet Cup.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 13:17:33 »

Always forget about that site....

Reading that and the mention of Harold Fleming, obviously a great player in his day having a road -  Fleming Way - named after him, has got my wondering has there been any other players in present day who would deserve a road or something being named after them, the only one for me is Shaun Taylor who would put himself through agony to play for us
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 13:24:28 »

Always forget about that site....

Reading that and the mention of Harold Fleming, obviously a great player in his day having a road -  Fleming Way - named after him, has got my wondering has there been any other players in present day who would deserve a road or something being named after them, the only one for me is Shaun Taylor who would put himself through agony to play for us

There is a Shaun Close.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 14:12:33 »

There is a Shaun Close.

haha! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 14:13:12 »

Ranger Centre at Coate Water...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 14:33:02 »

There is a Beauchamp Close.  Huh?
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 22:35:21 »

Paolo's got in on his mantlepiece ....

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 23:39:35 »

Since my original posting that there was a shortfall of the funding needed to complete the restoration of the grave of Sam Allen i am pleased to announce that the funding has now been completed and the restoration can now commence.I would like to that all the members who have kindly contributed to the fund and a thanks to Cliff Ponting of the Swindon Supporters Trust who have donated £200 towards the project.
Just to reassure members that when all funds have been received if there is a surplus then a continuation of this project is aimed at the replacement of the Roll of Honour (1st World War)at the County Ground which is one of the mysteries along with the Dubonnet Cup which has gone missing.
I will keep members posted on this site regarding the Sam Allen Grave or if you wish to contact me you can e mail on james.turner3@ntlworld.com
Equally if you feel you would like to help Dick Mattick and myself with any further projects again you can contact me direct.

Regards

James Turner

Brilliant news.
Will be great recognition for a man who contributed to the clubs past and helped give us the club we have now.

Good work and and would appreciate it if you let us know when the work is complete.
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 23:59:59 »

Great news. Would love to visit when it's complete.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 09:27:58 »

Well done, James.  Really pleased you got there.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 08:53:32 »

Didn't realise until I saw an article on this on the BBC that Sam Allens grave is less than 10 yards from my mums grave in our family plot in Radnor Street cemetery.

Glad that the £1,400 needed has been raised, I will pay a visit when I visit my mums grave next.

I also didn't know that Sam Allen is 6th in longest ever serving managers in the football league at 31 seasons, thats some achievement.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: