Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Franchise FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21460 times)
scillyred

« Reply #165 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 11:57:34 »

I don't normally comment on football matters as I am unable to go.

All I ever wanted when I could go, was for the team to give 100%, give it a go and at least be fit enough to last 90 mins - from what I can glean from the comments on here, we seem to incapable of most of these.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 12:03:37 »

Smith is normally the only player in the box. I feel sorry for the lad.

I felt a bit sorry for him at Orient as well, ok his touch isn't good but when he did have the ball under control he had nobody in support to pass to and was often alienated. The one chance he created, reckord took it off him!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #167 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 12:08:03 »

I don't normally comment on football matters as I am unable to go.

All I ever wanted when I could go, was for the team to give 100%, give it a go and at least be fit enough to last 90 mins - from what I can glean from the comments on here, we seem to incapable of most of these.
and therein lies the frustration as currently at home we fail on all three - its the second one that does my swede in. The fitness can be accounted for the fact a lot of players are in their first full season.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 12:12:42 »

Smith is normally the only player in the box. I feel sorry for the lad.

Really? He comes out wide too often for my liking.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #169 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 12:20:56 »

Sorry, I meant that if someone got to the line then if they looked up to cross only Smith would be in the box ( unless as you say he's out wide also ) as the other players are around the edge of the box waiting for the ball. Getting to the line and crossing would be useless as a plan B unless we were going to commit players to the box, which we don't.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 12:36:42 »

We were the better side in the first half- just shading it. The second half, they started at a higher tempo and we never caught up.

The long ball to Smith is a workable tactic as he regularly outjumps the defender and nods the ball on- to space devoid of a Town player Doh We should be ready for that and getting bodies into the area around their 16 yard box so that Smith at least has somone on our side in the vicinty of the ball.

Their winner was a sublime strike, I was sat right behind it in the DRS pit lane. Lovely strike and curl preceeded by too much backing off by our defence.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 12:55:24 »

Really? He comes out wide too often for my liking.

Yeah agree, but tbf no other fucker is out there as Pritchard seems determined to either run sideways or skin his man rather than get to the touchline and get the ball in.

I like Smith though, bad first touch but he tries hard and he seems to get himself in the right places. He'll get better as the years go on, I remember Jonathan Walters playing against us for Hull and despite scoring, he was woeful. Look at him now, living the dream at Stoke!
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 13:27:56 »

Yeah agree, but tbf no other fucker is out there as Pritchard seems determined to either run sideways or skin his man rather than get to the touchline and get the ball in.

I like Smith though, bad first touch but he tries hard and he seems to get himself in the right places. He'll get better as the years go on, I remember Jonathan Walters playing against us for Hull and despite scoring, he was woeful. Look at him now, living the dream at Stoke!

Pritch spent a bit of time looking pissed off on Saturday as he was in acres of space on the wing, flailing his arms about calling for the ball- ignored.

The first time he got the ball on the left wing, he did his magic, cut in and shot, the parried save setting Smith up for his goal.

He spends a lot of time away from the wings cos he doesn't get passed to when he is out there.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 13:41:25 »

What about the 5+ times he did 300 stepovers and lost the ball because he did get the ball wide and decided against putting the ball in? Wont deny he did extremely well for the goal, and I won't dispute the fact he is ignored, but he is greedy as fuck when he does have the ball. Sometimes justified, but extremely frustrating for such a talented player.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #174 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 13:44:47 »

While we are pointing out his weaknesses, he's got a great free kick but takes a shit corner. Plus he has a good shot but 8/10 seem to trickle back to the keeper.

Those stepovers were class. Like me in my prime in the playground Smiley
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #175 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 13:56:38 »

McNamee has left a legacy picked up initially by Gladwin and now Pritchard.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 15:22:10 »

Smith for me is a striker that needs a partner, he isnt the type of player to wait up front for the ball to come to him, he likes to go out and get the ball himself pass it out and then go and try and get in position to receive it and to strike.
But he seems to go to the ball and all to often there is no one in the box when the ball is played in there as he has gone looking for the ball and as he is theonly one up front nobody else can be bothered to get up there.

One thing from the Di Canio days at least we knew the players would be 100% fit and would be able to last 90 mins without puffing and panting, and, most respected the manager even if they didnt like his methods
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 15:28:34 »

What the fuck has Di Canio got to do with this? He fucked off and we've had 4 people in charge isnce then.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 15:36:45 »

What the fuck has Di Canio got to do with this? He fucked off and we've had 4 people in charge isnce then.

The fact that the DeCanio era squad maintained a better level of fitness perhaps?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 15:43:02 »

The fact that the DeCanio era squad maintained a better level of fitness perhaps?

Correct
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: