Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Franchise FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21457 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 21:49:07 »

Well at least that will shut the silly play off dreamers up. I will read back in a minute.

That was shit..not the pure shit of blades, Gills etc.....but shit all the same.

Be fair they pissed all ore us until we scored a gift goal....i don't know what the keeper was trying to do..parry it up in the air and catch it?

After that it was all us....but we never looked sharp in the final third.

The second half was an abject disaster.

Franchise bossed us about....we broke on occasions but still never looked like scoring, including the Byrne 'miss'.

Goal from a corner...FFS...

Keeper mad some good saves to keep us in it.

The Franchise winner came as I was hoping for the final whistle.

Overall pretty shit.

Cooper changed it after conceding (again). Danny brought on for a disappointing Smith although he did win a few headers......84 minutes??....and why not played together? We are at home FFS..

My biggest groan was Luongo jumping for a header in the box and he bottled it whilst looking at the defender....it bobbled back to the keeper....that fucks me off....

We might get dicked on Tuesday and then get thumped at the slave traders playing like that...that will put the shitheads 6 points behind us....wonderful....

Now to read back...

Clems Army!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 21:58:21 »

What,like they did in the away games?

Our form since those games has plummeted
You cannot compare the team that played for town today to that which battered wolves ( even tho we lost when should have won ) or rovrum ( despite the fact rovrum could have been 3 up inside 20 mins and we rode our luck ) .
Preston hammered us away when we were playing decent.
Sheff utd were crap when we played there and we still lost with a complete bollox of a performance, since then they have had the new manager effect and are unbeaten in 8 league and cup.
Brentford we could have easily won there but didnt so yeah not expecting anything from those esp after our latest epic fail showing.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 22:22:57 »

Hasn't he just gone out on loan?!

Yep to Supermarine
Scored one and set one up today

Swindon Supermarine ‏@SupermarineFC  6h
30' it's all happening for Matt Jones, scores one, sets up the other and is now booked for a trip! Cinderford pushing for a goal! 0-2
adje

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 22:55:12 »

You cannot compare the team that played for town today to that which battered wolves ( even tho we lost when should have won ) or rovrum ( despite the fact rovrum could have been 3 up inside 20 mins and we rode our luck ) .
Sheff utd were crap when we played there and we still lost with a complete bollox of a performance, since then they have had the new manager effect and are unbeaten in 8 league and cup.
Brentford we could have easily won there but didnt so yeah not expecting anything from those esp after our latest epic fail showing.

we will see.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 23:30:32 »

we will see.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 09:31:15 »

I know he's carrying an injury but did J-Mac look totally immobile to anyone else? I rate him, sure he has his off days but today he looked plain injured.

Maybe it was just me.

God knows how Jack Barthram must feel.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
kerry red

« Reply #156 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 10:56:12 »

I see Reckord has disappeared without trace.

Has he returned to Molina .... Molyne ....Molinu...... Wolves.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #157 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 14:10:16 »

Reckord was Fola Onion Bhaji bad.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 16:59:30 »

Here's how I saw it.

Plus points: From the goal to the end of the first half we were in control of the match (but struggled to create that many chances). The ref was good up to the 80th minute when presumably he needed to up his fuckup count (but was at least the same for both teams).

What is increasingly blindingly obvious is Smith can not play as the loan striker with much success. He tries hard but can't hold up/win the ball. That's OK if the midfield join in the attack to some extent, but he became increasingly isolated and moreover the options up front for the midfield to hit were non-existant.

Sometimes this is fine, but the opposition today were shit at the back. Really shit. So we tried to push Luongo as the forward midfielder but he was fucking woeful at that, seemingly tuning into trouble at every opportunity rather than put a simple pass wide. Because that's the way we play.

Which is what frustrates me. Because while it is all well and good having a way you want to play sometimes you have to adapt. I've no idea why we didn't stick two up top and bring Luongo deeper again. It may not have worked, but how will we know i we don't try. Particularly given CG pitch is understandably not in top nick, passing through the middle is hard..

In what Power described as a "must win" match, Cooper seemed content to let our attack fizzle out and let the Franchise attack us with no outlet up front.

That said, they didn't deserve the win either. It was a hell of a strike for the winner.

Having read most of this thread this is far and away the most accurate description of the game I watched yesterday. 

Only things I'd add on the Cooper debate are:
1. I can't see how a competent manager could have brought on McEveley when he was clearly injured.
2.  Whatever the quality of players you are given to manage, you can at least ensure that they are fit and most of that team clearly can't last 90 mins.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, March 9, 2014, 22:08:46 »

That was my third game of the season, and I think the most notable thing was how the entire team seemed to tire really badly towards the end. MK saw this and took advantage. Looks increasingly like the season will fizzle into mid table obscurity, but its not the end of the world. Keep the core here next season and add to it, maybe a better chance next year.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 09:40:42 »

First half was OK. Second half was dreadful.

Lets hope they all buck their ideas up or Wolves will smash us.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 10:05:02 »

Was in Luxembourg for the weekend so just catching up with this thread, depressing Sad

Our recent bad run of form is made slightly worse given the recent fixture list, especially at home. We've been mediocre to dire against not very good opposition at home (Oldham, Colchester, Franchise) and we've only played Orient away who would be a team that I would 'fear'.

Something is going to have to change as we have Wolves, Preston and Rotherham coming up who are all in great form and if we get pummeled in all those matches then serious discontent is likely.

Smith is not a very good target man, as others have said he has a heavy touch which often sees the ball given back to the opposition and we seem to not want to play 'raking' balls to wingbacks/wingers in space, rather passing 5 yard balls sideways until the ball is given away.

That said, when Smith has had a chance in front of goal, he has generally taken it (2 against Shrews, a good header at Walsall and what sounds like a poachers goal on Saturday). I understand the way we are trying to play, but what is the harm of having a plan B, getting people in behind and crosses into the box for Smith to attack?

I mentioned it on another thread but fitness sounds like its a problem as well with us fading badly at Crewe and on Saturday. Wolves tomorrow is a very tough match and we will need to up our game, dramatically.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 10:21:13 »

Haven't commented until now but that 2nd half performance is turning into deja vu at home, and whilst not as bad as the Hart regime, I felt resemblances in that there was hardly any attacking threat and we got deeper and deeper as the game went on. Standing in the Town End, I'm not sure the amount of action I've seen us have in the past 3-4 home games attacking our end - probably minimal!  Need to buck our ideas up - a big 2 games ahead this week!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 10:21:26 »

Nouha Dicko is going to bum fuck our defence into oblivion.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #164 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 11:49:59 »

That said, when Smith has had a chance in front of goal, he has generally taken it (2 against Shrews, a good header at Walsall and what sounds like a poachers goal on Saturday). I understand the way we are trying to play, but what is the harm of having a plan B, getting people in behind and crosses into the box for Smith to attack?
Smith is normally the only player in the box. I feel sorry for the lad.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: