Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Franchise FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21462 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 17:45:59 »

FWIW, I thought we did OK for the first hour or so, albeit we should have killed the game off in that time. But we didn't and games last for 60 mins not 90 .....
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 17:47:37 »

Gave the ball away for too often esp in midfield,
Decision making is fucking awful at times no matter who the player - 3/4 times in that 2nd half Pritch was in acres of space on the wing only for the ball to fuck about sideways/back/sideways etc before finally being played out wide by which time they had numbers back.
Defensively they were shocking and the same could be said offensively too.

Town end was devoid of any atmosphere, I looked around at nil all and ppl were sat ( yes sat ) playing on their phones or betting.

Wolves WILL tear us a new one Tuesday as will Preston/Sheff Utd/Brentford and Rovrum.
Not looking forward to any of those games.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 17:47:57 »

Was it a fitness thing? Did we look tired at the end, or just switched off?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 17:51:12 »

Was it a fitness thing? Did we look tired at the end, or just switched off?
Seemed that way to me, tired, and possibly lost focus a bit because of that. But it was more like the last 15-20 mins not just right at the end. Which is poor, really
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 17:54:24 »

Meh, the majority wanted a midtable/relegation free season and that is exactly what they are getting. So why all the outrage? Our manager is Mark Cooper and we are 8th in the league.

The Franchise winner was inevitable and deserved. They should have scored minutes before when Belford saved from Bowditch.

Fair play to them, they wanted to win the match and showed attacking intent which they were rewarded for.

I slated the bloke after Crawley and he was just as bad today - Smith is not a League 1 footballer going on what I have seen of him. Hilariously out of his depth. He cannot even do the basic things.

City next weekend will be interesting should it end in disaster...
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 17:54:39 »

The number of injuries could point to a general fitness issue as well but that should be something that can be addressed over time. As much of an issue this season has been silly bookings leading to suspensions.

Both of which can be easily corrected for next season.   Hopefully.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:02:09 »

Predictable shyt. Only a few more home games and I'm free.
It will be a shame to see my club, a club I've supported since 1969 go down the swanny.
Not only have the new owners lost the Decanio goodwill factor, they've alienated some of the regulars.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:03:30 »

Not only have the new owners lost the Decanio goodwill factor, they've alienated some of the regulars.

I'm not in the best of moods about today's game, but why?
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:06:30 »

So we spend £400,000 on one player

I bet we didn't,  board just came out with it to keep fans happy I suspect, I bet it was 100k tops with a sell on

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:08:06 »

It will be a shame to see my club, a club I've supported since 1969 go down the swanny.
I can't imagine you'll be missed by anyone
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #115 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:12:00 »

Would happily see the crowds go down if it meant we saw the back of people like you. Plus the townend would be empty every week (the elephant in the room) so we could start the new stand now.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:17:07 »

8th place "down the swanny(sic)"? where were you when we were twice in administration?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #117 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:20:28 »

I bet we didn't,  board just came out with it to keep fans happy I suspect, I bet it was 100k tops with a sell on
I am sure Jed said at the time it was £100k up front with £100k after set games/goals/promotion/sell on % etc rising to a possible £400k.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:21:44 »

Some people  Roll Eyes

If you want your team to win, week in week out, then go and support Man U...... Oh, wait.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:26:42 »

Pah, another one of those bandwagon-jumping glory boys... Wink

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: