Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Franchise FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21446 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 00:00:11 »

The Opponent: Franchise FC

Since their club robbing status began some 10 odd years ago we have met this lot on 16 occasions in total, the record between us reads like this. Won 6 Lost 6 Drawn 4, Scored 18, Conceded 18. I’m sick of the sight of this parody of a football club, their mentality of “no one likes us, we don’t care” is cringeworthy and to top it all off, Milton Keynes is a cunthole full of cunts. The most exciting things that have happened in MK in the last 48 hours? Speaker of the House of Commons, John Bercow, paid a visit to some purple rinse coffee morning and a new 24/7 drive thru Starbucks has just opened!

Former STFC trainee and now the current Chubster in charge of Franchise Karl Robinson has quite a lot to say about the game and Swindon in general - “This is a cup final. What a ding-dong of a game. We have put ourselves in a position to go and beat Swindon at the County Ground. It could be our biggest win of the season. It’s a massive afternoon. With Walsall playing Wolves - if we win, we could go seventh. What an incentive that is, one place outside the play-offs.  And if we do, we’ve got to have a serious look as a football club - do we bring players in and do we go for this? It’s as simple as that.”

He goes on to say, ““Swindon has a special place in my heart because it’s where I grew up, I’m going to meet the family I lived with on Friday, I’ve not seen them for many years. I got signed when I was 15, and I lived there for three years as a YTS and a young professional, but I got injured and didn’t play for a long time. Some people there really looked after me. For a young boy from Liverpool, not to play football for 13 months was very difficult, but they helped me through it.  It’ll be nice to see them. One of them is my ex-youth team manager’s wife, and the people from the digs. It’ll be nice because I’ve still got some of my best friends in Swindon. I always enjoy going there. The results haven’t been overly favourable, if I’m being honest. It’s a nice place for me, but it’s a difficult place for the club. But regardless of my feelings, they’ll have no relevance come 3pm. They’re very similar to us, they’re very unpredictable, they can blow teams away. We know how difficult it’ll be, and the County Ground is a tough place to go”.
Sad thing is Karl, you are still the manager of Franchise.

Weather or not? – Phew what a scorcher, well maybe not quite that hot but looking good none the less. Highs of 13 degrees today, bit grey first thing but the sun is going to burn through the clouds to give us a decent dry day.

Where the opposition gather –

http://concreteroundabout.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10124

The other one, moocamp.com proudly has the home page banner reading, “Were keeping The Dons – Get Over It”. Er, no, Fuck off.

Last 6 – WWDLWL (2 away wins out of 3, currently 8th).

They have served us both – Paul Ince, Ryan Harley, Gareth Edds, Danny Wilson, Sean Off To A Bigger Club O’Hanlon, Alan Navarro, Albert Jarrett, Jimmy Gilligan, Paul Mitchel, Dave Hockaday, Dave Partridge, Sol Davis, John Paul McGovern, Junior Lewis, Anthony McNamee

The Odds –  Swindon 8/5  Draw 12/5  Franchise 7/4   Michael Smith is as short as 9/2with Skybet for the first goal, pretty poor value when there are better prices elsewhere. McLeod and Bowditch are both 6/1 to open the scoring.

The Son Says – Plumped for a 2-0 home victory, his confidence in our defending is admirable.

The Prediction – I’m confident, no idea why but I’m backing us to crush them 2-1 with goals from Smith and Tijane Reis. Will be interesting to see who becomes the early runner for March scapegoat of the month. 7’433 in attendance with 278 franchisees and 1 drum.

And Finally – in 16 meetings between Swindon Town and the Franchise Club Robbers there has never been a single penalty.

COYR COYR COYR
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 00:05:33 »

2-1 town win
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 00:17:39 »

Shaw rosso...sorry but I believe there has been at least 1 penalty. I think it was away at the national hockey stadium in '04-05 when grant smith had a spot kick saved in front of the Swindon fans. Correct me if I am wrong. I remember that 1-1 draw being particularly hard to stomach given the penalty miss
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 00:32:07 »

I wouldn't mind if a 24/7 drive thru Starbucks opened near me.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 00:32:46 »

0-1. Penalty to the made up club.

They are all that is wrong with football,  prawn sandwich munchers but in lower league form. Plus it's a shit town,  just to cap it off.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 00:36:23 »

At least we had the decency to stick all our roundabouts in one place instead of spreading them around town like fucking chlamydia.

2-1 to us, Karl Robinson to get knocked out by the linesman smacking him with a flag.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 00:54:21 »

McCleod missed a penalty for them against us on NYD 2007. Think Smith also missed one for us two seasons before
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 07:24:09 »

2.1 town
7661 overall
288 of their lot and that fucking drum
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 07:32:43 »

1-1 with Smith scoring, 7,133 crowd with 322 plastics and 1 drum.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
lambourn red

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 07:53:26 »

Exciting 3 - 1 for us 7,467 with 363 and at least 1 drum from them

Smith, Byrne and Murphy to score
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 08:24:11 »

2-1 win. Murphy to run riot today and smith to net with one off his arse.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 08:44:19 »

Can't see past another draw,0-0 or 1-1 but if we could start taking our chances then we could get a much needed win. 8058 with 317 franchise
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 08:53:33 »

Nice write up.

1-1.
fatbasher

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 09:22:17 »

FFS, forgot about the drum. Any chance some of you thuggish TE types can intercept them and persuade them it's not worth bringing it into the ground with a Stanley knife slash in it?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 09:29:33 »

Fancy our chances today, 2-1, goals from Luongo and DNG with a very annoying drum.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: