Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Players off to Swindon Supermarine  (Read 5568 times)
paul backskin

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 16:53:55 »

I see that we have loaned 3 players to our friends in south marston. De Costa, Ferguson & Jones.
Does anyone know anything about these lads?
I went down to watch last saturday when they played Godalming. have to say I really enjoyed it there. ST holders in for a fiver and got a free pint too! that was down to a drinks promotion though for the new opening of a new bar, met the chairman who got the beers in too, very friendly club with decent footie too, got to say ill be doing it again on other away days I dont do. Anyone else head down there?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 18:25:08 »

I see that we have loaned 3 players to our friends in south marston. De Costa, Ferguson & Jones.
Does anyone know anything about these lads?
I went down to watch last saturday when they played Godalming. have to say I really enjoyed it there. ST holders in for a fiver and got a free pint too! that was down to a drinks promotion though for the new opening of a new bar, met the chairman who got the beers in too, very friendly club with decent footie too, got to say ill be doing it again on other away days I dont do. Anyone else head down there?

Yoof players I believe. Ferguson could be the lad in the reserves/development/whatever they're calling the squad of players who aren't regularly in the squad now.

Never been to Supermarine, Swindon's a trek for I usually so not going to come for a smaller team. Probably should one of these days.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 23:42:41 »

Been to the last 2 or 3 pre season friendlies at Supermarine, my son walked out with Matt Ritchie a couple of years back. Always enjoyed it, I wonder if it has quite the same feel when there is 200 in the ground on a cold Tuesday night? Must go more often really.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 11:38:53 »

Ferguson is a first year pro so I doubt he will get anything next season and may well end up at marine.
The other two I'd guess will be the ones getting pro contracts as they are second year scholars. Imo our youth set up has gone backwards but I will keep the reasons for that view to myself.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 13:31:45 »

I think the results alone show that something in wrong at youth level.

They were always contenders during Bodin's time there. I know nothing more than looking at at scores and tables mind.
paul backskin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 15:20:36 »

saw the marine game at Cirencester last week, very good enjoyable game, Swindon youth players looked very good, Curtis at the back was a very strong player and dealt with everything thrown at him with ease. Ill let you know what its like on a cold tuesday evening tomorrow after tonights game Vs Evesham.  Pint
paul backskin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 07:20:48 »

Anyone heading down to the Webbswood this afternoon, Big game vs Merthyr, away fans expected to be circa 300 (and Welsh) should be a decent atmosphere, any takers? Pint
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 07:23:02 »

Is the merthyr mob turning up
paul backskin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 07:28:00 »

Girl Giggle for those not attending the Cov game anyways. Should be a decent day. Few beers.
CalRed45

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 08:30:53 »

Girl Giggle for those not attending the Cov game anyways. Should be a decent day. Few beers.

Isn't it tomorrow?
paul backskin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2014, 12:43:54 »

http://www.flicwiltshire.com/Sport/Football/Supermarine-announce-plans-for-3G-Training-Area.aspx#.U4XY-3JdUqM

anyone seen this? rather a big investment for a small club. they seem very determined to grow.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2014, 13:07:47 »

http://www.flicwiltshire.com/Sport/Football/Supermarine-announce-plans-for-3G-Training-Area.aspx#.U4XY-3JdUqM

anyone seen this? rather a big investment for a small club. they seem very determined to grow.

They have a decent youth set up according to the adver write up on it and STFC will be using the new pitch also
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2014, 14:14:28 »

Interesting....are Puffett and Rikki still anything to do with them?

It's a decent site, with potential for growth.
paul backskin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2014, 15:05:14 »

it is a very big site indeed, no rikki and puffet are nothing to do with the club. Aspirations are big and they have a very good long term plan aiming high. be nice to see that from the boys in red. Im not sure many people realise how strong the link is between the two sides, the chairman Jez Webb (Webbswood in Watchfield) is good friends with Lee Power. Hense the link with the yoof players.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2014, 17:40:27 »

it is a very big site indeed, no rikki and puffet are nothing to do with the club. Aspirations are big and they have a very good long term plan aiming high. be nice to see that from the boys in red. Im not sure many people realise how strong the link is between the two sides, the chairman Jez Webb (Webbswood in Watchfield) is good friends with Lee Power. Hense the link with the yoof players.

Do we tell them what tactics to play?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: