Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22596 times)
kerry red

« Reply #165 on: Sunday, February 23, 2014, 19:22:00 »

You can't say that, The Flash goes to games you know. He's a loyal fan.

TBF he goes to virtually every game and if he feels he would appreciate being appreciated, fair enough.

It aint cheap and a quick acknowledgement costs fuck all
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Sunday, February 23, 2014, 19:24:06 »

Not as if the players or Cooper were gonna get this treatment

The chorus of " what the fucking hell was that " was particulary warranted.

I care not whether Cooper applauds fans or not, although he did early season
Flashheart

« Reply #167 on: Sunday, February 23, 2014, 19:25:55 »

TBF he goes to virtually every game and if he feels he would appreciate being appreciated, fair enough.

It aint cheap and a quick acknowledgement costs fuck all

Good on him.

Do you think his attendance automatically makes his opinion more valid than other people's? Do you think other people should be shouted down when they voice an opinion because they don't attend matches?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, February 23, 2014, 19:30:55 »

Maybe not shouted down but tbere are plenty on here that have " expert " opinions on players/games they have never seen bar a few highlights or had a couple of run outs to SN1.

While I dont always agree with Flash he puts his money where his mouth is and actually goes
kerry red

« Reply #169 on: Sunday, February 23, 2014, 19:31:52 »

Not at all.

But, as I said, if he feels he would like to be appreciated its fair enough.

I rarely go to away games these days, but I do think those paying good money for a day out and are served up an insipid performance deserve more than a few mealy-mouthed words from a manager who turns his back on the fans at the end of the game.

It's hardly an effort

And BTW, I do feel those that actually witness a performance do have a more valid opinion than others
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 23, 2014, 19:33:32 by Audrey » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Sunday, February 23, 2014, 19:42:31 »

Having certain views on matches and players performances you haven't seen is pretty daft. That said, there are plenty watching games that have no idea and that makes their points equally as daft.

I happened to be in the car listening to the texts read out after yesterdays match which like the last time I did that (quite a while ago) was abundantly clear the majority of texts were from absolute idiots. Whether they were there or not.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 23, 2014, 19:44:06 by arriba » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #171 on: Sunday, February 23, 2014, 19:45:36 »

Quite right.

An opinion of someone who has witnessed a performance has obviously got to be listened to more than someone who has not.

When the subject is of a more general nature everyone's opinion should be equal - but then again, we know on here that that is not always the case
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, February 23, 2014, 19:46:30 »

I know plenty of people who go to games and are total fuckwits whose opinions are an absolute joke.
I go to watch football,  not the manager and as such I really don't give 2 fucks whether he applauds the supporters, doesn't applaud the supporters,  or comes out at half time and does a lap of the pitch on a unicycle whilst playing the kazoo.
Supporters pay to see a game of football.  Sometimes your team disappoints you and you feel hard done by. That's football. Got fuck all to do with how charismatic the manager appears.

It's All Good..............
Flashheart

« Reply #173 on: Sunday, February 23, 2014, 19:46:33 »

So because somebody goes to a match, that makes them a better judge of what is happening?

My opinion is generally formed mostly by commentary from BBC wilts and from the opposition. I usually (not always) find that both commentary teams have a similar opinion on a game, and on players, and I would usually share that opinion. If my opinion is not valid what does that make of the opinions of the commentary teams, considering they attended the match themselves.

I often here of somewhat comical complaints/observations of other fans in the crowd spouting complete and utter shite. Would you value their opinion more on the basis that they attended the match?
kerry red

« Reply #174 on: Sunday, February 23, 2014, 19:51:33 »

Not saying your opinion is not valid but surely getting your impression of a game from a third party(ies) cannot be as informed than that of someone actually in attendance.

It's the same as you reviewing a play without actually seeing it but going on other peoples reviews
Flashheart

« Reply #175 on: Sunday, February 23, 2014, 19:55:51 »

I as able to watch a couple of games on TV recently. I was able to see the whole game with replays etc. What of my opinion then?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, February 23, 2014, 19:57:51 »

I as able to watch a couple of games on TV recently. I was able to see the whole game with replays etc. What of my opinion then?

You'd be a dirty armchair fan.
kerry red

« Reply #177 on: Sunday, February 23, 2014, 19:58:21 »

I think Flash has been banging on specifically about the Orient game which he attended.

Everyone can have a different opinion of certain incidents in a match and a match in general, but I would rather trust my own eyes to form one than rely on second hand views of other people
adje

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Sunday, February 23, 2014, 19:58:24 »

I know plenty of people who go to games and are total fuckwits whose opinions are an absolute joke.
I go to watch football,  not the manager and as such I really don't give 2 fucks whether he applauds the supporters, doesn't applaud the supporters,  or comes out at half time and does a lap of the pitch on a unicycle whilst playing the kazoo.
Supporters pay to see a game of football.  Sometimes your team disappoints you and you feel hard done by. That's football. Got fuck all to do with how charismatic the manager appears.

the voice of reason.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Flashheart

« Reply #179 on: Sunday, February 23, 2014, 20:06:19 »

You'd be a dirty armchair fan.

Wink
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: