Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22597 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Saturday, February 22, 2014, 00:03:53 »

The Opponent: Leyton Orient

There is not much to be said about last Monday that probably hasn't been said already. It felt shit until Tuesday morning, then the recovery began. The team now need to go forward and push on, it would be nice if we still had something to play for with 6 games to go, its not an expectancy, more a hope, but why not? There is often a team each year that sneaks up the league quietly. Obviously we would be considered outsiders for a top 6 finish by most but I have this terrible sense of optimism that just won't go away. Its what keeps me going to the County Ground match after match and has done in the relatively short period of time I have followed Swindon. Long live optimism. Feel free to shoot me down.

Last time I went to Orient we drove to some tube station in West London, Hounslow or something like that, then spent what seemed like a lifetime travelling to the other side of London by Tube. At half time we sent the nominated burger gatherer for the fodder and he came back with what seemed like a rather nice pie at the time. After getting home and sleeping for a couple of hours I woke up with the worse case of tom tits you could ever imagine, as did the other pie eaters amonst us. So if I can offer just 1 tip it would be this, give the pies a miss, London has so much more to offer than pouches of Whiskas in Gravy surrounded by wet cold pastry.

Weather or not? - Looking like a decent day for travelling and for a game of football, although I take no responsibility of this is untrue. Top temperature of a barmy 12 degrees with a slight westerly wind.

Where the opposition gather -

http://leytonorientforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16873

"Ranger out for the rest of the season, two other top scorers havent a goal between them in the last 9 games!!!! (Nailed on for them then or are new Orient capable of making that 10)"

Tossers.

Last 6 - WLLLDW (2nd in League 1) Interestingly they recently lost 1-3 at home to the Slave Traders.

They have served us both - Billy Batty, Mark Cooper, Jonathon Tehoue, John Cornwell, Ian Culverhouse, Wayne Carlisle, Teddy Ware, John Smith, Pat Kanyuka, Gary Alexander, David Harper, George O'Hanlon, Stan Earl, Tom Jenkins, Rhy Evans, Arthur Barraclough, Fred Fisher, Alex Revell, Baden Herod, Percy Whipp, Glen Cockerill, Ralph Codling, David Peach, Calvin Andrew, Craig Easton, Craig Maskell, Tom Wells, Jack Brinton, John Gorman, Rollo Jack, Billy Reynolds, Scott Cuthbert.

The Odds - Leyton Orient 5/6  Draw 5/2  Swindon 10/3   Orient have an abundance of players that have shorter odds than our shortest priced player, Michael Smith, generally 7/1. You can even get 8's on Nile Ranger if you fancy donating your hard earned to Coral etc for bugger all.

The Son Says - We haven't mentioned the word Peterborough since Tuesday morning. Although he has now decided his predictions will not be just based on FIFA 14 scorelines that he gets against the respective opposition the night before a game. 2-1 Town.

The Prediction - Despite our 2nd team having to pitch up today, we will win 2-1, the recently pointless Luongo scoring the opener on his 50th appearance for the club and a late Michael Smith winner, proving our season is not over yet. 4'444 in attendance with 598 red brothers and sisters in attendance,

And Finally - Leytonstone is thought to have taken its name from a Roman military distance marker and is shown on maps from early times as “Leyton Stone”. The stone is still there to be seen at the junction of Holly Bush Hill and New Wanstead Road, it was moved from its original location when the roads were improved.

COYR COYR COYR
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 22, 2014, 00:05:37 »

0-0 att: 1654. 500 from town
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 22, 2014, 00:07:23 »

0-0 att: 1654. 500 from town

1654?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 22, 2014, 00:08:16 »

Oops,  4654
Rod_Bourne

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 22, 2014, 00:18:26 »

Meh. You trying to impress me with your write ups might actually mean something if you went to the games.  2-0 Orient.  I ain't going.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 22, 2014, 00:19:53 »

Meh. You trying to impress me with your write ups might actually mean something if you went to the games.  2-0 Orient.  I ain't going.

Cunt.
Rod_Bourne

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 22, 2014, 00:24:55 »

Indeed. But I have been called it by better cunts than you.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, February 22, 2014, 00:28:02 »

Indeed. But I have been called it by better cunts than you.

I had no idea broadband had reached the children's homes of Blackbird Leas.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, February 22, 2014, 00:29:23 »

Rod_Bourne

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, February 22, 2014, 00:30:37 »

Hilarious as usual .
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, February 22, 2014, 00:31:23 »

You called?
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, February 22, 2014, 06:48:39 »

I had a choice of going to this game or Port Vale, I chose this one. This automatically gives the kiss of death to Orient away.

Got to be a home win 3 0, Attendance 4,755 and 304 own fans,  Pretty much end of season.

Like a few others, I've ended up bored of tippy tappy, sideways/backward passing game and seriously considering not renewing my season ticket next year. I suppose I was spoilt with Decanios circus

I'm going for the day out and booze. Glass completely empty sort of guy were Town are concerned.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, February 22, 2014, 07:10:59 »

Looking forward to this. Never seen us win or even play well there.

Would be happy with a point
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, February 22, 2014, 07:11:42 »

The daughter is off to this one as in uni that way and despite her never seeing town lose am going for 3.1 lorient

Club announced 568 tickets sold on Thursday so going for 670 town fans  in attendance of 5100 overall
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, February 22, 2014, 08:41:33 »

I've got a good feeling about this!  2-1 Swindon COYR
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: