Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Colchester United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29602 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 19:51:30 »

I noticed the electronic advertising has been removed, thank god for that!
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 20:35:46 »

I noticed the electronic advertising has been removed, thank god for that!

Probably a safety thing. I wouldn't risk switching on a kettle that Jed bought, let alone those hoarding in that weather.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 22:10:19 »

Well said.

Seconded.  The same points gap has been there for weeks now and we've failed to make up any ground even though we've had a number of games that on paper we should have picked up far more points.  It's not going to happen (happy to eat my words if proved wrong!).
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 22:34:15 »

With the right set up and squad we could establish ourselves in the championship in a year or two.  That's what we should be building towards.

If by some miracle we went up with this squad we would get annihilated in the championship and come down in freefall and losing money.

As has been pointed out by others, mid-table and a trip to Wembley would be a lot better most of us feared in August.

The biggest disappointment has been the drop off in quality and entertainment in the last couple of months.

The last point is exactly how I feel which is a shame as i was enjoying this season up until Christmas. Maybe getting to the JPT final will boost it up again.
nochee

« Reply #259 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 22:44:58 »

The last point is exactly how I feel which is a shame as i was enjoying this season up until Christmas. Maybe getting to the JPT final will boost it up again.

Somebody made the point a while back that the weather and the state of various pitches have hampered our passing game somewhat. If the rain does eventually stop and pitches dry out, the form of last year may return. Probably be too late by then though.

A Wembley win would certainly boost the spirits, for sure.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 07:21:12 »

I don't believe that. People will pay the extra for the bigger matches, eg £27 to play Oxford next year

It would be interesting to know what fixtures currently the club consider to be category a, b and c respectively.

We're playing in the third tier playing teams for the most part we've played near enough every year for the last 12 years.

What on this fucking earth could be a category a game? They're all category c and that's being generous.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 07:28:44 »

Wolves and city presumably.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 07:59:59 »

Wolves will be gone next season.

Unlikely but City too
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 08:42:33 »

It would be interesting to know what fixtures currently the club consider to be category a, b and c respectively.

We're playing in the third tier playing teams for the most part we've played near enough every year for the last 12 years.

What on this fucking earth could be a category a game? They're all category c and that's being generous.

Didn't you know....we are just outside the play offs and going up!

Clems Army!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 09:10:25 »

Meh, it's a couple of quid extra for games they feel there will be a bigger interest in. The Club needs to generate income.

It's All Good..............
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #265 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 10:18:20 »

or alternatively big increases in ST and matchday prices were predicated a couple of seasons ago by a clear promotion push with a charismatic manager and a board that were putting their hands in their pockets.
These prices were well above the vast majority of clubs in this division and by some.
Tiered pricing would normally be used when there are games that sell out or close to sell out - neither of which in all likelihood will apply to us next season and will probably equalise crowds down not up.
Also would be a cat c game - Colchester, Oldham, Shrewsbury. I could probably name 20 of the 23 clubs.
It will be very interesting to see the clubs rationale on this.
Also with us averaging crowds well above most in this division and having higher prices, it will be interesting to compare our budget with others.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 10:58:19 »

Didn't you know....we are just outside the play offs and going up!

Are we fuck!

If the club themselves thought this was even a remote possibility would they be announcing next seasons season ticket prices this early?
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 11:43:43 »

Are we fuck!

If the club themselves thought this was even a remote possibility would they be announcing next seasons season ticket prices this early?
They announced the season ticket prices around this time last year and we were in the promotion pack
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 12:01:38 »

Does anyone still think we're not safe from the drop?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #269 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 12:12:12 »

The price of match day tickets is pretty standard for this division now. It will be the death of the lower divisions in the future at this rate.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: