Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Colchester United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29762 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 15:31:56 »

If it's £27 for about 2 or 3 games all season, I'm fine with it. I'll go in the TE and pay £20.
Flashheart

« Reply #241 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 16:05:43 »

Thats not my point. Historically you need between 70-75 points to make the top 6 at this level. We are currently on 45 with 15 to play. So at the very least we probably need 25 points. Id say 27-30 to be safe. That's 9 or 10 wins from last 15 and with our away form and the teams we have left to play at home I just cant see it myself.

Well it is my point.

We are 4 points adrift with 15 games to go. 4 points in 15 games yet people are writing us off? Are you also writing off Walsall and Port Vale or do their 1 or 2 points advantage make all the difference? Maybe you think the top 6 places are decided already?

kerry red

« Reply #242 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 16:12:58 »

Our present form makes it unlikely we will make the play offs - but there is, of course, a chance we may find a rich vein of form from now on.

Both Warsaw and Fryborough also don't seem to want to cement their place in the top 6 so, for me, it's still up for grabs
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 16:15:49 »

Mathematically possible yes. Ive not seen enough from us in our performances to think we'll do it either.

That's why I think Mondays game was far more important than yesterdays .

It's been a much better season than I expected though .
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 17:50:06 by Batch » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 16:50:53 »

Mathematically possible yes. Ive bot seen enough from us in our performances to think we'll do it either.

That's why I think Mondays game was far more important than yesterdays .

It's been a much better season than I expected though .

This is my stance and I have seen all but one at home and quite a few away.

Clems Army!
nochee

« Reply #245 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 17:05:17 »

Well it is my point.

We are 4 points adrift with 15 games to go. 4 points in 15 games yet people are writing us off? Are you also writing off Walsall and Port Vale or do their 1 or 2 points advantage make all the difference? Maybe you think the top 6 places are decided already?

If Pboro win their game in hand there will be a 7 point gap, 8 if you look at the goal difference as well. If Preston win their game thats us 14 points off them and 12 away from Rotherham if they win their game in hand. All ifs and buts, I know. Realistically there is only 6th place up for grabs and If we are being honest with ourselves, there's not really a hope in hells chance it will be ours.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 18:06:31 »

It is only 6th up for grabs.  Fortunately Walsall, Posh,  Vale, Dons and Cov are all as inconsistent as us. Fuck giving up in February. Jokers.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 18:07:59 »

It is only 6th up for grabs.  Fortunately Walsall, Posh,  Vale, Dons and Cov are all as inconsistent as us. Fuck giving up in February. Jokers.

This
nochee

« Reply #248 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 18:12:24 »

If we can find a motivational song and a montage of former victorious goals and glories, I believe we can do it. Believe
Flashheart

« Reply #249 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 18:30:59 »

Yep.

Many on the Posh forum seem to think they'll miss out and they are currently in 6th. Somebody has to take it.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 18:37:30 »

With the right set up and squad we could establish ourselves in the championship in a year or two.  That's what we should be building towards.

If by some miracle we went up with this squad we would get annihilated in the championship and come down in freefall and losing money.

As has been pointed out by others, mid-table and a trip to Wembley would be a lot better most of us feared in August.

The biggest disappointment has been the drop off in quality and entertainment in the last couple of months.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 18:44:28 »

With the right set up and squad we could establish ourselves in the championship in a year or two.  That's what we should be building towards.

If by some miracle we went up with this squad we would get annihilated in the championship and come down in freefall and losing money.

As has been pointed out by others, mid-table and a trip to Wembley would be a lot better most of us feared in August.

The biggest disappointment has been the drop off in quality and entertainment in the last couple of months.

Something you offered eh?

How's it going Paolo. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 18:51:10 »

Bit of a difference in giving up and giving an opinion on whether we'll do it.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 18:54:56 »

Agree that we still have a chance of the top 6, and if we did put together a long winning run we would probably make it.

However, the performances over the 6-8 weeks would suggest that we don't have the consistency to put together a run of results that would see us overhaul the teams above us.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 19:35:31 »

Agree that we still have a chance of the top 6, and if we did put together a long winning run we would probably make it.

However, the performances over the 6-8 weeks would suggest that we don't have the consistency to put together a run of results that would see us overhaul the teams above us.

Well said.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: