Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Peterborough United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22625 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Sunday, January 12, 2014, 17:05:59 »

What happened to the TV screen in the Arkells/Stratton Bank corner and the electronic advertising boards?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Sunday, January 12, 2014, 17:13:03 »

What happened to the TV screen in the Arkells/Stratton Bank corner and the electronic advertising boards?

Jed took it with him
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Sunday, January 12, 2014, 17:16:51 »

How heavily have Peterborough invested, out of interest?  (Sounds as if they have spend a lot.)  Is this season a case of go up or blow up?

They raked in a small fortune for Gayle, so probably still quids in.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, January 12, 2014, 18:23:35 »

Don't know about the TV screen but the fact that the advertising boards were not working was a definite bonus for those of us in the DRS!!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 10:30:20 »

Cheers for posting the video. Chubby McLardarse seemed to run the show for Peterborough, loved his blatant shove on Kasim right behind the lino as well  for the sending off, beautifully done.

No footage of the benches fighting unfortunately...
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 10:39:08 »

Cheers for posting the video. Chubby McLardarse seemed to run the show for Peterborough, loved his blatant shove on Kasim right behind the lino as well  for the sending off, beautifully done.

No footage of the benches fighting unfortunately...

It's on player now. Fighting benches and all.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 10:42:40 »

Interesting day on Saturday. Got hit by a taxi before the game walking from the Grove (luckily jumped and despite being knocked to the floor wasn't injured at all.

Felt a bit fortunate to come away with 3 points. Big Nile starting was a surprise but he took his goal well and then when Posh were starting to put us under pressure (despite not really creating too many clear cut chances) the Iraqi Pirlo scored a good second goal. Their goal 10 minutes from the end was a world hit by a centre back which 9 times out of 10 goes into the Town End, but we held on for 3 crucial points against a good side in Peterborough.

I thought Branco did well and seemed to block everything. Good passionate celebration in front of the DRS at the end. Having Ranger able to hold the ball up as well as defend makes such a difference to the side. Its going to be an interesting January for sure!!

Ended the night plastered at 2am in London, my mate left his wallet in the taxi, but he was good enough to come back and return it at 6am remembering us. Top bloke!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 13:06:07 »

A good, enjoyable game between two quite evenly matched sides.

As we arrived, walking along the front of the DRS, Ranger was signing autographs. "Still here? Good!" says SWMBO. Ranger just gave a slightly embarrased smile. I will fess up and say I am glad we still have him. His contributions on the pitch are game changers.

My only real criticism of us is that we are defend too deep. The calls of 'Get it forward' have changed to calls of 'Get forward!'. We invite teams to present a threat.

Pritch has some sublime skills and I love to watch him- 90% of the time. For the remaining 10% I wish he would take the simple option. He's like a fucking terrier when he loses out though.

Onwards and upwards  Pint
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 13:40:10 »

It's on player now. Fighting benches and all.

Trying to work out what kicked it all off! Far as I can see, Luongo touched the ball a bit hard and that's it!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 13:46:48 »

Trying to work out what kicked it all off! Far as I can see, Luongo touched the ball a bit hard and that's it!

He tapped it away to stop them playing it, he should have got booked really but the hilariously OTT reaction probably prevented it.

What is it with goalkeeper coaches Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 13:53:18 »

A good, enjoyable game between two quite evenly matched sides.

As we arrived, walking along the front of the DRS, Ranger was signing autographs. "Still here? Good!" says SWMBO. Ranger just gave a slightly embarrased smile. I will fess up and say I am glad we still have him. His contributions on the pitch are game changers.

My only real criticism of us is that we are defend too deep. The calls of 'Get it forward' have changed to calls of 'Get forward!'. We invite teams to present a threat.

Pritch has some sublime skills and I love to watch him- 90% of the time. For the remaining 10% I wish he would take the simple option. He's like a fucking terrier when he loses out though.

Onwards and upwards  Pint

I know last time I mentioned this I was given a stat that he had a very high number of assists this season, but for me Pritchard's final ball/decision making are frustrating at times.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 14:01:18 »

I know last time I mentioned this I was given a stat that he had a very high number of assists this season, but for me Pritchard's final ball/decision making are frustrating at times.

He's a young 'un bless him. And they do say if you throw enough shit some of it will stick...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 14:02:31 »

Absolutely agree. Loads of skill and great to watch (At times). Just wish he wasn't such a greedy bastard!

It's All Good..............
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #178 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 14:14:05 »

If I had to pick one player I really enjoy watching then its Kasim. His ability to make space for himself is very impressive - probably best since Hazard / Hoddle. His awareness is second to none on the team and he has a great football brain.
I'm not fussed about Pritchard. He has skill and can beat players but on Saturday he was a liability in the second half. I don't see a £1m player in there at the moment.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Monday, January 13, 2014, 14:25:38 »

He tapped it away to stop them playing it, he should have got booked really but the hilariously OTT reaction probably prevented it.

What is it with goalkeeper coaches Smiley

They're like kamikazes. They know they won't be missed on the bench so they're the ones who always take one for the team.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: