Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Peterborough United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23630 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 17:49:56 »

Didn't we draw our last game?
Not at home. sorry!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 17:51:08 »

We shouldn't have won that game.

Branco made a lot of great last-ditch challenges (one sticks out in particular when their main striker was through on Goal), but he was only having to make them because he was constantly out of position.

All the players ran up to Ranger when he scored.

Tomlin is a cunt. Talented, but a shite attitude.

We will get dicked if we play like that in the JPT final.

Things get better but they never get good
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 17:51:38 »

Ground out result. Well taken header from Nile who was mobbed by tne rest of team after scoring, read into that what you will.
2nd half was all posh and was a well taken Kasim goal slightly against the run of play that gave us a cushion.
We lived dangerously at times defending deep but thought Ward and Branco were a better CB pairing. Branco in particular had a great game and showed some passion out on the pitch, not sure about Hall as an LB but he did enough and his height helped in set pieces.

Was deffo a second yellow/red after a blantant push off the ball/field when ball had already gone out for a throw,  didnt see the dugout clash but plenty got involved.
Decent atmosphere today esp in TE.
Its been said before but I fucking hate drums at footie games, mind you was the only noise you could hear from them.
I expected more of them as plenty in the pubs beforehand.

Stevenage away tuesday may well be last time we see Ranger anyway as doesnt his trial start on the 20th  Hmmm
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 18:10:53 »

The best team won the game, which is after all about sticking the ball in the back of the net. They looked alright at times but how many saves did Wes really have to make? Pritch loses the ball trying to do too much at times I agree. The wee man also does a lot of good things that go unappreciated. Thought his tackling back today was superb for a player of his size/ilk.
Agree with all that, but we made it hard for ourselves. If their equaliser had stood, we'd have lost that and we were fortunate to get the second against the run of play. Bit worrying how deep we defended, seemingly without trying to push them out in the 10 mins or so before Kasim's goal - we invited them on to us and seemed like just a matter of time before they got one, but in the end we held on long enough for Kasim's great little run and still think we offered more than Peterborough overall. Branco looked good, Hall seemed to struggle at left-back, perhaps unsurprisingly
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 18:14:36 »

Agree with all that, but we made it hard for ourselves. If their equaliser had stood, we'd have lost that and we were fortunate to get the second against the run of play. Bit worrying how deep we defended, seemingly without trying to push them out in the 10 mins or so before Kasim's goal - we invited them on to us and seemed like just a matter of time before they got one, but in the end we held on long enough for Kasim's great little run and still think we offered more than Peterborough overall. Branco looked good, Hall seemed to struggle at left-back, perhaps unsurprisingly

Don't disagree with any of that Paul. It was far more fun when we argued though. :-)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 18:15:07 »

Don't disagree with any of that Paul. It was far more fun when we argued though. :-)
No it wasn't
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 18:17:04 »

No it wasn't

Walked into that one didn't I?!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 18:18:26 »

Walked into that one didn't I?!
You did, rather, yes Smiley
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 18:40:40 »

Enjoyed that. Agreed we defended too deep in the second half. Thought Branco had an excellent game and was unlucky not to be MoM.

The linesman on the Arkells side was mostly useless. A number of times they were offside but he never put the flag up, yet he had correctly flagged for offside (there were two players off) for the disallowed goal, and Tomlin getting sent off, even though you could argue it could've been a straight red for a push. Their coach was correctly sent off for coming onto the pitch and taking Luongo out which started the fracas on the benches.

It nicely spices it up for the JPT games.

And amazingly we scored from a short corner !!

Nearly forgot to mention...someone please shoot drummers at football matches.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #129 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 18:46:14 »

A draw would have been a fair result. For all their huffing and puffing Boro only forced one decent save from Wes. There were some pretty good last ditch tackles though from Nate Dog and Branco. I thought Boro played a brand of football very similar to us.
Kasim was very lucky to get away with a two footed challenge just before the first goal. their player then launched into ours. From the corner their players were all trying to foul Hall and he was blatantly held but it took attention away from Nile who was unmarked to stick it away.
Kasim's goal was pure quality. theirs was pretty good too.
There were a lot of positives in this game. Branco had a good game and I'd like to see him given a run with Ward at centre back. Kasim was my MOM before he scored the goal as he gave us a physical presence and was everywhere breaking up play and starting it. Ranger, yet again had a very good game. If only we could put someone else's brain in that head. We ground out a very good result against a very good team.
Now for the negatives. At times Ward looked slow even by his own standards. Apart from Kasim I thought midfield was pretty crap. Pritchard needed to be subbed earlier as he was continually running into trouble and giving the ball away very cheaply when we needed to keep it.    
Tomlin was a fat cunt who lost his head. Good player but a dickhead.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 18:55:50 »

Did Simon Ferry have his name read out at half-time?

I bet he regrets leaving now. Did he choose to leave? I can't even remember. Either way I think he'd look pretty good in our current team.
Flashheart

« Reply #131 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 18:58:07 »

Don't think he was offered a contract extension.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 19:05:17 »

Great win today - we looked up for it today and got our rewards, even if we rode our luck a bit. Thought Ranger played very well and deserved his goal, Kasim was my MoM for his strong tackling and finish for his goal, followed by Rossi Branco - who may I add looks very improved since I saw him against Plymouth in the JPT! Excellent result, take it into Tuesday and also in the minds of Peterborough we CAN beat them ahead of the JPT area final!

P.s-Touch of class by Nicky Ajose clapping us in the Town End, would love him to come back but if Nile is staying + the new lad from Brighton/Miles back on the scene then very slim that will happen!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 19:14:52 »

Just back.  Delighted with the win.  I thought we just about shaded it, but Peterborough were one of the better sides to have come here this year.  Full credit to the lads for taking their chances.

A very close game and, yes, if luck had been different we may well have been looking at a different result.  But these things even out over time.  We seem to be grinding out a lot of close victories by one goal margins at the County Ground this season.  We're doing a job, and fair play for that.

Just a quick final word about Yaser.  His goal was a delight.  The way he lost his man was highly impressive.  And he then just seemed to create acres of space as he advanced towards goal.  Clever football from the Iraqi Pirlo.

Right.  I'm off now for a 9 mile run.  This will be fun.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #134 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 19:32:44 »

P.s-Touch of class by Nicky Ajose clapping us in the Town End, would love him to come back but if Nile is staying + the new lad from Brighton/Miles back on the scene then very slim that will happen!
What sort of reception did he get during the game?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: