Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TV Problem  (Read 4769 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 6, 2014, 14:20:31 »

All of the south of london at least is from CP. I'm only 3 miles away from the western tower and signals on internal antennas were always flaky at best. If the antenna isnt sat right by a window it wont work. Even then it drifts. To get round it I swapped to cabled connection in the end.

Thanks Sutton, seems cables are the only solution sadly!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 6, 2014, 14:53:54 »

There is one other thing to try. Some of the schools I've put Digital IPTV solutions into had the same problem with little or no signal, but the reason for this was the exact opposite, in that the signal coming from Crystal Palace was too strong. We ended up putting in attenuators to drop the signal by 80% and In one school pointed the antenna at the ground in the opposite direction  from the tower. Both solutions worked and we got perfect signals. Not sure if it will be the same for domestic antennas but worth a go. I didnt get chance to check as I swapped to cable  before I knew this was an Issue in some areas. It was Brockley btw where this was an issue so not so far from you.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: