Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Carlisle United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22168 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 01:27:50 »

3-4 would have been a fuck up, we wobbled but that's it.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 09:16:54 »

Read it again...

At 2 zip up....it would of been game over....Carlisle dead...

But...we let them back in at 1-1...

and then scored 4 minutes later, and again at the end of the game.

I think you need to learn the definition of a fuck up!

As for the penalty incident, it did look like a foul to me but the contact was several yards outside the box and their lad deliberately made sure he was in the box when he threw himself over. The ref didnt book him so Im assuming he noticed there was a slight contact but was influenced by the quite obvious theatrics.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 09:20:22 »

If there was a clip, and I didn't see one, it would have been outside the box, he stumbled and fell into the box, went down too easy!!  Or was that a different foul?  Do we have any complaints about the ref?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 09:29:37 »

Andy Warren noted on Matchday Live that Kasim might have been a touch fortunate to get away with it, but the ref did apparently say the player made a meal of it. Interesting that Kavanagh says Cooper agreed the ref was poor. Did he mention that in his post-match comments? Seems at odds with what everyone here saw.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 09:38:54 »

What penalty. I saw nothing that warrented one.  Genuinely

I'm guessing he's referring to the guy that was tripped several yards outside the box but only fell to his knees once he crossed the 18 yard line.

The ref was largely fine but he did give a few soft fouls against both sides imo.

As for Ajose not being moaned at like Williams, it's because he's playing like Williams did at the start of last season, causing problems with his running and scoring goals. If all that stops and he starts playing like he's doing an impression of Harry Enfield's Kevin then maybe people will get on his back.
I will be delighted if we sign him or at least extend his loan for the remainder of the season.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 09:42:03 by Benzel » Logged

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 09:54:39 »

Just a few thoughts on yesterday, atmosphere was very flat - although no doubt if you are a Madness fan the repetitive playing just before kick-off would have been very welcome!!  Cannot understand why so many of our players appear to keep slipping over, Ward did it yesterday on the edge of the box and it could have been costly.  Piss poor corners, and throw-ins not much better (need more movement off the ball).  Wes clattered by his own player a couple of times, Hall much better yesterday, J-Mac mom for me, Ward seems a little bit de-motivated at the moment (body language not good).  Harley a good player but a bit too casual at times, Pritchard a bit of an enigma for me (although he was good yesterday) - needs to look up and find players quickly instead of trying to run through a brick wall, although his work for Luongo's goal was first class.  Ranger was good when he came on, has that knack of holding the ball up and bringing other players into the game - which is just what happened for the last goal.  Defence at sixes and sevens for O'Hanlon's goal although I question the validity of it, they win a free kick and we are retreating, guy tries to take a quick one and hits one of our retreating players, surely that's tough, but ref orders a re-take and they score from it!!  Don't think we were at our best yesterday but a comfortable victory, started brightly first half bit didn't seem to start the second half as well.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #171 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 11:27:38 »

Yesterday's ref was the best we've had all season. Happy with the performance and the 3 points. Jay Mac is rapidly becoming our most consistent performer and has added a real attacking threat to his game. Ranger gave us something different when he came on, we look a lot more solid with him in the team. Hall had his best game in a Town shirt and the midfield dominated.

It's All Good..............
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 11:37:57 »

Hall is very calm for his age, sometimes I feel he is too calm and there was one point where he had several yards on an attacker to clear the ball but left it til the last second. Any later and he could have lost the ball on the edge of the box. Great range of passing as well.

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 12:07:03 »

Highlights up on Carlisles youtube

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 12:44:48 »

Interesting that they never even bother showing the "penalty" that wasn't!!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 12:48:33 »

Highlights up on Carlisles youtube

Poor goal to concede from a free kick that far out.

Ranger's involvement in our third was exactly the sort of link play that we've sorely missed in recent weeks.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 13:07:47 »

Poor goal to concede from a free kick that far out.

Ranger's involvement in our third was exactly the sort of link play that we've sorely missed in recent weeks.

We defend too deep from set pieces tho even saying that you would have thought Wes or someone could have stopped that - hardly a bullet header from a distance
Ranger does add a different dimension and didnt I think would say it but we are half the team when he is out.
Lets hope he stays free and stays focused
kerry red

« Reply #177 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 13:34:08 »

But we are the highest home scorers in the entire FL - averaging almost 2.5 goals scored per game
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 13:45:58 »

I'm guessing he's referring to the guy that was tripped several yards outside the box but only fell to his knees once he crossed the 18 yard line.

The ref was largely fine but he did give a few soft fouls against both sides imo.

As for Ajose not being moaned at like Williams, it's because he's playing like Williams did at the start of last season, causing problems with his running and scoring goals. If all that stops and he starts playing like he's doing an impression of Harry Enfield's Kevin then maybe people will get on his back.
I will be delighted if we sign him or at least extend his loan for the remainder of the season.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want people getting on Ajose's back.  My point was that he does miss a lot of clear cut chances and it doesn't take long for people to turn a la Williams.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Sunday, December 1, 2013, 14:05:07 »

He does but I think Williams was still cut a bit of slack whilst he had the work rate, once that dropped off was when people really lost it with him.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: