Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Carlisle United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22172 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 18:35:36 »

Re the ref, absolutely excellent today, hardly noticed him on the pitch which must be a good thing!!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 19:00:35 »

Interesting bit of trivia, we've played Carlisle 40 times and there's only ever been 4 away wins. 3 for us and 1 for them.

And the one sided home dominance continues.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 19:27:55 »

If Ajose could have finished today, the game would have been over by half time. As it was, we bossed the game but didn't finish it off and there was always a risk of dropping two points (very much against the run of play) until a sublime Pritchard free kick. Bottom line - without Ranger and N'Guessian, we don't have enough threat up front.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 19:29:58 »

What a difference a week makes, same scoreline except it goes in our favour - and I must say it was deserved!

Hate it when we attack the Town End 1st half, it takes away what (if any) atmosphere there is inside the CG for the 2nd half. Pritchard played very well and his best game for quite some while, Ajose was guilty of missing a few but he played well and Luongo took the 1st well to finish off a good move! Defence still looks a bit shaky, but what can you do when a world cup finalist scores?  Wink Happy with the win, a bit off time off now, bring on Stevenage!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 19:34:24 »

Defence still looks a bit shaky, but what can you do when a world cup finalist scores?
Have I missed something here?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 19:35:12 »

Have I missed something here?

My bad Chang, thought it was Chimbonda who scored but now been informed it was O'Hanlon...

#VivaKenBarlow!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 19:37:05 »

That fucker has never resembled a world cup finalist that's for sure.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 19:41:16 »

What a difference a week makes, same scoreline except it goes in our favour - and I must say it was deserved!
I think the quality of the opposition may have played more of a part than the passage of time
Boner

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 19:42:21 »

If Ajose could have finished today, the game would have been over by half time.

Had a tenner at 4-1 for him to get first goal today, thought it was happy days when he went round the keeper but oh no!!!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 19:48:15 »

Noticed a few people mentioning that Ajose was wasteful today. In my opinion he's the closest thing we've got to a natural goalscorer at present and has got a decent record considering he's been in and out of the side.

Putting all of the off-field concerns to one side for the moment, would people be happy if we signed him permanently in January? The departure of Foderingham could at least give us the possibility of affording the transfer fee.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 19:50:47 »

I'd like to see him be a bit more consistent in front of goal. Their keeper must have bruises up and down his midriff from the number of times Ajose shot straight at him when a sidefoot into the corner would have done it.
chunky monkey

« Reply #146 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 19:52:37 »

Noticed a few people mentioning that Ajose was wasteful today. In my opinion he's the closest thing we've got to a natural goalscorer at present and has got a decent record considering he's been in and out of the side.

Putting all of the off-field concerns to one side for the moment, would people be happy if we signed him permanently in January? The departure of Foderingham could at least give us the possibility of affording the transfer fee.

Depending on the price, he's already here so why not. Would prefer to see Wes stay until the end of the season and not go to Bournemouth
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 19:53:01 »

Decent win. Thought the worst when O Hanlon inevitably equalised but fair play boys got themselves back up for it and deserved the win. Ranger was as good after coming on as Mason was bad - what on earth was that header back across his own goal at the end? Thought Hall had decent game which was more than could be said for Captain Ward who had a right mare. Ajose lively throughout and thought he did pretty well as lone striker but he really should have had a couple today with better finishing. Pritchard probably just deserved to shade MOM from the also excellent Jay Mac. Nice to be able to concentrate on what happens on the pitch rather than the never ending Jed n Lee saga.......

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 20:30:33 »

That fucker has never resembled a world cup finalist that's for sure.

In the France squad that reached WC 2006 Final - he was an unused sub.

#VivaKenBarlow!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 20:31:05 »

In the France squad that reached WC 2006 Final - he was an unused sub.
Think he was referring to O'Hanlon (who actually scored) not Chimbonda (who you initially thought scored)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: