Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Leyton Orient Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42469 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, November 24, 2013, 23:26:05 »

If he does as well as our other player plucked from non league this year he might do ok.  Let's hope that Power has a nose for decent non league prospects.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
kerry red

« Reply #286 on: Monday, November 25, 2013, 07:21:41 »

I hope ranger is back for Tuesday. He's key for the team. Nobody holds the ball up as well as him. N'guessan doesn't seem a target man despite being a big fucker, his touch just isn't as good.

Seeing as Cooper has said he wants a target man in on loan ASAP doesn't seem like Ranger will be back in action any time soon - if at all
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Monday, November 25, 2013, 09:41:19 »

First comment I'd like to make...I know their 'keeper did some time-wasting...but not giving the ball back is not a breach of the rules, is it? It is bad sportsmanship, however...but surely it's not cheating if he didn't break the rules. I always thought it was a gentlemans agreement.

Secondly, I thought JMac looked decent, although his red was inevitable.

Thirdly, El Gabas, I thought looked OK, not sure if it was or wasn't a penalty though as it all happened pretty quickly and haven't watched the highlights yet.

Lastly...good luck to the lad who has signed from the lower echelons...but isn't Jackson playing in a league above Marlow? Hey, this lad may be decent...but Jackson has scored something like 18 in 20 in Southern League and Conference North collectively...maybe they're just getting this new lad as 'one for the future'....although after the pre-match comments, I'd quite expect him to at least make the bench tomorrow.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Monday, November 25, 2013, 09:55:10 »

Serious answer

a. He shouldn't just walk straight in

b. Which level did he play at, I doubt he's fit enough for 90 mins league football yet.

C. Just because our midfield didn't work against orient doesn't mean it won't attaint Crawley.

All good points Batch. My comment was extremely knee jerk and not completely serious.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Monday, November 25, 2013, 11:22:21 »

Lastly...good luck to the lad who has signed from the lower echelons...but isn't Jackson playing in a league above Marlow? Hey, this lad may be decent...but Jackson has scored something like 18 in 20 in Southern League and Conference North collectively...maybe they're just getting this new lad as 'one for the future'....although after the pre-match comments, I'd quite expect him to at least make the bench tomorrow.

You've got a proper hard on for Kayden Jackson haven't you?
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Monday, November 25, 2013, 11:40:54 »

You've got a proper hard on for Kayden Jackson haven't you?

Massively. It hasn't gone down since he scored his first goal for Supermarine.

It's just a clear observation that his goal/game ratio is impressive, at any level.

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Monday, November 25, 2013, 11:45:55 »

Massively. It hasn't gone down since he scored his first goal for Supermarine.

It's just a clear observation that his goal/game ratio is impressive, at any level.

Should probably see a Doctor about that, it could be serious.

And it is, but it's hardly Charlie Austin levels is it? I personally don't think there's nothing wrong with leaving him at Supermarine for the moment. It's obviously working for him there, but there's no guarantee he'll come into the side and fit in- he hasn't been training and drilling with the tactics the same way the rest of the lads have. I trust Cooper knows what he's doing with the guys he's sent on loan.

I think it'll do more of a kindness to Jackson to leave him where he is in a good run of form- he's more likely to actually 'break into' football then instead of getting to the end of his contract with Samsung and then toddling back off to the real world.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Monday, November 25, 2013, 11:49:13 »

Should probably see a Doctor about that, it could be serious.

And it is, but it's hardly Charlie Austin levels is it? I personally don't think there's nothing wrong with leaving him at Supermarine for the moment. It's obviously working for him there, but there's no guarantee he'll come into the side and fit in- he hasn't been training and drilling with the tactics the same way the rest of the lads have. I trust Cooper knows what he's doing with the guys he's sent on loan.

I think it'll do more of a kindness to Jackson to leave him where he is in a good run of form- he's more likely to actually 'break into' football then instead of getting to the end of his contract with Samsung and then toddling back off to the real world.

I haven't suggested it is as good as Charlie Austin...although he could have similar potential.

He's at Oxford City now...

The current board/management obviously see more potential in him than what's been shown in the previous Win A Pro competitions...

Also, it was just the point that Jackson is playing and scoring in a league higer than Gladwin...maybe Gladwin will go out on loan too, but like I say, it was just an observation.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Monday, November 25, 2013, 12:26:57 »

Not sure it was mentioned, but fair play to their keeper for not going down and holding his head like some might have done.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Monday, November 25, 2013, 13:35:44 »

My take on the game.

Their keeper- unsporting, cheating Cunt
Their no. 10- whining cunt
Their no.4- whing cunt
The rest of their team- Cunts (mainly cos they beat us).

The ref- blind or cheating cunt
Lino's- cluless cunts

Ward- WTF?
Hall- WTF?
Nathan T- could have done better
Our midfield as a unit- why the fuck did they let The Cunts have free reign on the middle of the pitch? Too often the ball got cleared into a Cunt heavy central third.
Ajose- worth his place and tried hard. I think he is finding his form.
N'Guessan- tried hard but spent to long out on the wing as opposed to being in the middle bullying their defence.
El Gabbas- looked like he was trying and had a couple of nice touches. It was a penalty.
Jay- on a hiding to nothing with the second yellow. Yes we were 3-1 down but, if The Cunt had got a cross in and we went down 4-1 some on here would have been tearing him a new one for being a useless fucker. He had to get the challenge in, even though he knew what was coming. He is haveing a really good patch and I think folk should aknowledge it.

The Pitch Invader- Cunt.

I think I have covered it.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Monday, November 25, 2013, 14:00:16 »

First comment I'd like to make...I know their 'keeper did some time-wasting...but not giving the ball back is not a breach of the rules, is it? It is bad sportsmanship, however...but surely it's not cheating if he didn't break the rules. I always thought it was a gentlemans agreement.

Secondly, I thought JMac looked decent, although his red was inevitable.

Thirdly, El Gabas, I thought looked OK, not sure if it was or wasn't a penalty though as it all happened pretty quickly and haven't watched the highlights yet.

The lad from Marlow isnt a striker. He is a midfielder and at 6 foot 3 deffo some much needed height. Our midfield is currently vertically challenged
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #296 on: Monday, November 25, 2013, 14:55:55 »

I think it's apparent to see that our defence has turned to shit compared to the last 2 seasons.

Last season it took 34 games to concede the same amount of goals as we have in 17.

If we get this sorted, and maintain our creative centre midfield, I think we'll have a decent season.

I can see however that we might start falling off the pace once we play some of the bigger sides.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Monday, November 25, 2013, 16:13:38 »

Not sure it was mentioned, but fair play to their keeper for not going down and holding his head like some might have done.

When attacked by the pitch invader do you mean? He just kind of hopped away, tauntingly, until the rest of the field had realised what was happening. If you watch the video as soon as the rest of his team mates appear he reverses direction and goes back towards the bloke. Quite funny.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Monday, November 25, 2013, 16:19:53 »

My take on the game.

Their keeper- unsporting, cheating Cunt

Snip.......

The Pitch Invader- Cunt.

I think I have covered it.

No I haven't-

Blood pressure- through the fucking roof Bad Mood
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Monday, November 25, 2013, 16:52:44 »

Serious answer

a. He shouldn't just walk straight in

b. Which level did he play at, I doubt he's fit enough for 90 mins league football yet.

C. Just because our midfield didn't work against orient doesn't mean it won't attaint Crawley.

He has come from the same level as supermarine and has not been training full time, has been training with Swindon for a few days ?? for Cooper & co to look at him was also looked at by a few other teams I think Sheff Weds was mentined, he plays as an attacking midfielder.

So if he get's anywhere near the first team for the next few weeks with his fitness levels I'd be surprised
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: