Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Leyton Orient Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42124 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 00:03:07 »

The Opponent:  Leyton Orient

Could this be the first home game of the season where one really should wrap up warm? With the Desmond newspapers convinced 100 days of snow is on the way I am thinking of diversifying my business and investing in a path sized snow plough, purchasing every sledge I can find in hope of making a quick buck when everyone has sold out and drag myself down to Go Outdoors and invest £300 in a coat. If this doesn’t guarantee a mild winter then not much will. I don’t mind the snow, the kids love it, I just can’t stand the havoc it causes with a fixture schedule pile up and the will it – won’t it be on saga, knowing whether to post a matchday thread up can be somewhat of a gamble too. But for now unsafe ground access and renting giant heaters seem to be on the back burner and its back to SN1 for what seems to be our first home league match for some time.

Today aside, I will always hold a special place in my heart for The O’s, for it was they who condemned the six fingered livestock lovers to non league football a few years back. I remember the chant of “Orient, Orient” ringing round the Town End, what happy memories. Orient proved to be the early pace setters a few months back but are showing early signs of doing a Tranmere, I’m hoping today brings us 3 points closer to them but the expectations remain grounded. Interestingly, Barry Hearn became chairman of Leyton Orient in 1995 after the club was put up for  sale for £5 by then-chairman Tony Wood whose coffee growing business in Rwanda had gone somewhat tits-up  in the country's civil war. The most famous supporter of Orient is undoubtedly the frog faced Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber and some of the natives of Leytonstone include cricketing legend Graham Gooch, David Beckham and the wonderfully named cook, Fanny Craddock.

Where the opposition gather – 

http://leytonorientforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14377
“  http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=5 ... icseen#new

Why can't they just face it he wanted to play for a bigger, better club ?? regards xx  ”

Knobs.

Last 6 – WWLWWL (2nd on 38 points)

They have served us both – Harry Morris (To Clapton Orient),  Stan Earl, Jimmy Lee, Martin Ling, Jonathon Tehoue, Gary Alexander, Pat Kanyuka, Percy Whipp, John Gorman, Calvin Andrew, Craig Easton, Alex Revell, Scott Cuthbert.

The Odds –  Swindon 13/10 Draw 12/5  Leyton Orient 2/1  Orient strike pairing Mooney and Lisbie are both favourites to open the scoring at 11/2 whilst N’Guessan and Ajose are both nearer 13/2. Im going with Ajose again. Given a good run in the team he may well be the 20+ goals a season we need.

The Son Says –  He has noted Orient’s good form so far this term and was respectful enough to predict a 2-1 win for Town, normal service will no doubt resume shortly.

The Prediction –  We are not even half way through the season yet and we are sat well in League 1. Of course we would swap positions with Orient tomorrow if we could but for me I have full belief in us turning the cockney slaaaaaaaaags over 3-1. 2 from Ajose and a peach of a strike from Luongo. 8’127 with 522 from London.

And Finally –  Alfred Hitchcock was born at 517 High Road, Leytonstone, on 13th August 1899. To mark 100 years since his birth, and to commemorate the director's link with the area, 17 mosaics were installed in the entrance corridors of Leytonstone tube station. They were made in vitreous glass tesserae, using the reverse method, by Greenwich Mural Workshop. The work required some 80,000 tiles, took seven months to complete, and the final installation took place during April 2001.

COYR COYR COYR
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 00:05:28 »

I'd honestly forgotten that Pat Kanyuka existed.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 00:16:48 »

Tough one to call this
There will deffo be goals as the 2 front men from Lorient seem to be in a rich vein of form and our back line isnt
Having said that am gonna go for a 3- 2 town win.
An Ajose double and Hall header  Embarrassed

Away fans - well Jed tweeted 250-300 earlier which would be a piss take as they took 1666 to posh on the last league outing, the away forum SR linked mentions sales of over 800 already which would be more like it.
995 away from Laaandan taaan overall 8850 attendance.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 00:17:41 »

They've done well this season, got 1-1 all over it.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 00:20:38 »

I'd honestly forgotten that Pat Kanyuka existed.

Plays in Thailand nowadays, in the last couple of years he has turned out for the likes of Staines, Maidenhead and Tamworth.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 00:37:12 »

Russell Slade reminds me of Judge Holden from Blood Meridian, for any Cormac McCarthy fans out there.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 00:41:24 »

I'll say 2-1 Swindon, goals from N'Guessan and Ajose! 8418 the crowd, with Orient bringing around 750-800!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 00:55:42 »

We will take the lead.....   and lose 1-2

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
REDBUCK

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 01:16:48 »

They are in good form , 2-0 to them on the break a la Warsaw
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 01:34:10 »

Fanny Craddock

True story this. Had a book so-called written by FC; BBC, 2/6p. Couldn't give it away. A 'mate' put it on eBay: £20 it sold for. On that basis the O's owe me one.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 01:54:15 »

I've got a good feeling about this. 2-1 Swindon COYR
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 02:24:56 »

Shaw Rosso = Mr Plow

kerry red

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 05:53:29 »

Don't know which Swindon will turn up lately. It must have been around this time last year when Tranmere were put to the sword at the CG - so with,history on my side 5-0.

Ajose 2, Im'Guessin 2 and Ward.

9112 with 878 from way out east
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 06:02:24 by Audrey » Logged
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 06:07:20 »

3-4 goalfest

7,999 (would have reached 8,000 but I can't make this one -gutted)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, November 23, 2013, 06:08:32 »

I fear a dicking a la Walsall.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: