Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Macclesfield Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28982 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 14:09:04 »

I did say a few weeks back it seems as if Cooper is trying to fit our best players into the team rather than finding the best players for the formation need to decide on the formation and pick the correct players for the correct position

What with injuries, suspensions, the players out on loan, and the punts who don't look up to it, Cooper has a a very small pool of players from which to pick...so he's stuck with trying to make do with what he's got. This is what leads to messing with formations and playing players out of position.

I'm still of the opinion that staying up will, mean a decent season..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 14:13:16 »

What with injuries, suspensions, the players out on loan, and the punts who don't look up to it, Cooper has a a very small pool of players from which to pick...so he's stuck with trying to make do with what he's got. This is what leads to messing with formations and playing players out of position.

Whilst some of that is true, I'd still say he was trying to put a couple of square pegs into round holes.

Obviously it can only be opinion, I'm sure he thought he'd put out a capable team/formation. But I know best Smiley
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 14:25:01 »

Whilst some of that is true, I'd still say he was trying to put a couple of square pegs into round holes.

Obviously it can only be opinion, I'm sure he thought he'd put out a capable team/formation. But I know best Smiley
Agree, it seemed strange Saturday that with Thompson out we didn't play Bartram (who has looked ok) but went with Luongo - on of our top midfield players - at wingback.  Weakened the team through the middle for sure, some of his tactics can seem a little baffling - why did it take 71 minutes to realise it wasn't working and make changes?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 15:06:36 »

I'm still of the opinion that staying up will, mean a decent season..

There's a part of me that wants to rail against your bloody-minded pessimism; and another part of me that grudgingly accepts that you probably have a point.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 16:18:53 »

Players and management refunding costs of tixkets to fans that travelled

Fair play
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 16:35:07 »

Respect from me for this:

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/10800968.Players_and_coaching_staff_to_personally_refund_fans/

Lets thump Wycombe as well!

Clems Army!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 16:50:51 »

Interesting to see what team is upt out tomorrow night - should be the strongest possible to get back to winning ways regardless of oposition or competition
graym

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 19:18:55 »

The match was awful but cracking day out, went in bar in ground great view of the pitch and stadium.
Had chips and gravy and a few pints of storm ale, then stayed in Bar for the match saved 18 quid.
Great seat and half time beers also thanks to vice presidents suite for free sandwiches.
 Good day out ruined by football.
when can we get our refund.

« Last Edit: Monday, November 11, 2013, 20:51:34 by graym » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 20:33:20 »

The match was awful but cracking day out went in bar in ground great view of ground had chips and gravy and a few pints of storm ale, then stayed in there for the match saved 18 quid great seat and half time beers also thanks to vice presidents suite for free sandwiches. Good day out ruined by football.

Have you done the norvern test?
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 20:37:16 »

The match was awful but cracking day out went in bar in ground great view of ground had chips and gravy and a few pints of storm ale, then stayed in there for the match saved 18 quid great seat and half time beers also thanks to vice presidents suite for free sandwiches. Good day out ruined by football.

Have you done the norvern test?

Or perhaps a basic grammar course?
graym

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 20:48:31 »

Nope do you need a grammar test to see football for free! Pint Pint Pint
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 22:19:34 »

Nope do you need a grammar test to see football for free! Pint Pint Pint

Baggins gets oowned!

Clems Army!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 11:32:25 »

I've only just watched the highlights. I am in disbelief.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 14:20:08 »

Finally watched the highlights. I feel any comment on them would just be stating the bloody obvious.
Flashheart

« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 14:29:19 »

I'm going to brave it and watch the highlights now
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: