Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rotherham United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33177 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Friday, October 11, 2013, 23:07:11 »

The Opponent:  Rotherham United

I have to say, my last visit to Rotherham, although not overly memorable for the football, left me thinking the folk of South Yorkshire really do know how to make a good pie, the finest I have experienced at any football ground. Sadly, this ground no longer exists, but the memory of some type of really narrow alleyway still seems to live with me. I haven’t been to the new ground before, The New York Stadium? Great name, shame about the ghastly manager.  I always want to get one over on Evans, especially today as it would give us a well needed 3 points on our travels.

Apart from being a cultural desert and a borough housing over a quarter of a million whippet breeders, Rotherham is also the hometown of the strangely everlasting Chuckle Brothers, Arsenal and England goalkeeper David Seaman, along with World Cup and Premier League referee and Howard Webb. Actors Liz White, Ryan Sampson and Darrell D'Silva also hail from Rotherham, as does current Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, William Hague. Most famously Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers, who scored three number ones, were based from Rotherham. With help of these number ones, they spent a combined eight weeks at number one and managed to knock off many songs, at the time, favourites for number one including rock legend Alice Cooper with his smash hit "Poison".

The Last Time We Met Away – On our march to League 2 glory a couple of seasons back we made our way to Rotherham and turned them over 2-1, with a Matt Ritchie double, Rotherham’s goal coming from regular thorn in the side, Alex Revell.

They have served us both –  Andy Spunkhouse, Callum Kennedy, Alex Revell, Luke Rooney, Deon Burton, Kevin Watson, Graham Coughlan

Where the opposition gather –

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=450&fid=215&sty=2&act=1&mid=2112059014

Rotherham Last 6 – WWWDLW

The Odds –  Rotherham 6/4  Draw 12/5  Swindon 11/5 Why do I fancy a bit of 11/5, it could be costly. Kasim to open the scoring, it has to happen soon and is priced at 25/1 with Bet 365.

The Son Says –  “Can we go”?  No. In his absence he still thinks we will win 3-1.

The Prediction – This is clearly a tough one, a physical battle where our beautiful passing game is kicked in to row Z, again. 2-1 Town, goals from Massimo Luongo and Danny N’Guessan. 5’332 with 545 from the Shire

And Finally – Over the next 20 years, Rotherham is expected to receive £2 billion in investment from private industry. The town's economy, when combined with that of Sheffield, is growing faster than Leeds and Manchester!

COYR COYR COYR
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 11, 2013, 23:11:11 »

1-0 sneaky win for us
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 11, 2013, 23:17:30 »

Going for a one all on this
With their current form and our dismal away results a draw will be a decent scoreline

First visit to the NY stadium tomorrow so hoping am wrong and we come away with 3 points

slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 11, 2013, 23:35:29 »

I've got a good feeling about this! 2-1 Swindon COYR
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 00:06:48 »

We have the hoo do sign over porkies teams. 1-0 win
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 00:19:42 »

Do they still have Alex Revell?

If so 2-1, if not 2-0.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 00:44:56 »

Just got in from England v Monty....

I fucking hate that fat cunt Evans.....him still in football and Franchise existing are blots on the FA copybook.

C'mon lads turn em over!

Fave chant at Crawley: "paulos a ledge ,you're a cunt!" Repeat.....

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 00:56:24 »

I think in the they've served us both bit, you should have mentioned Danny Williams, who history so far suggests is our best ever manager..and used to be Rotherham's longest serving player. Football fate decreed the 68/69 team secured a promotion with Roger Smart's 89th minute equaliser at Millmoor.
kerry red

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 04:27:01 »

Logic dictates our wanky away form must cum good some time so a 2-1 away win

Am I correct in thinking we usually do well against Jabba's sides?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 06:10:22 »

They are a good side currently in 6th with only one defeat at home to Peterborough so far and only 3 home defeats in a year, we have not won away in the league since March away at Yeovil.

Cant see us getting a win but would be happy with a draw there, 6,716 crowd with 437 Swindon fans there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 06:55:22 »

Today is not a day we can lose on. I swear to god I'll put the entire squad on 'the list' if we do and hunt every single one of them down and them disgusted looks.

2-1 town.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 06:57:10 »

Hope you celebrate your birthday with a win for us Batch.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 07:31:00 »

I work with a Rotherham fan so would be good to put one over on him and Fatty Evans. Can't really see it unless we really click and stay tight at the back. Would be good to give Batch a better birthday present than England did last night.

If we don't let one in in the first 10 mins then 1-2 Town. Ranger and ImGuessing

scillyred

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 08:27:53 »

Have asked my two whippets and they say 1-0 to their northern brothers  Roll Eyes
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, October 12, 2013, 08:43:09 »

2-0 Ranger, N'Guessen

Will take a draw though. Hopefully we can get through the first 20 minutes without conceding.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: