Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekend Suggestions..  (Read 4490 times)
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 09:28:21 »

I want to go away for a weekend at the end of the month with the Mrs... Was thinking of taking her to Dusseldorf where I was a few weeks ago but she thinks its another glorified football trip... It would be.  Beers

Anybody have any suggestions? It doesn't have to be abroad, Whats London like if you do all the touristy bollocks, will that keep her entertained? God knows. I don't think she'd like a tour of all the football grounds in London.. Although I would of thought that would be good fun!

Give me some ideas! 

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 09:30:54 »

Just take her to the tower hotel and smash the granny out of her
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 09:33:23 »

Wouldn't a trip to Dusseldorf be a little bit like your distant German relative taking his fraulein for a cheeky weekend away in Leicester?  I can think of a lot of places in Germany I'd want to visit before there.

You could go to London 10 weekends in a row and still not get bored.  If you have not been for a while, I would probably find somewhere to stay along the South Bank - and from there you're within walking distance of the Eye (if that's your thing), Westminster, London Bridge (market, brilliant pubs) and across the river to Covent Garden and Soho.
Panda Paws

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 09:48:48 »

For the price you'll pay to get to, stay and have fun in London, go elsewhere.

Brussels on the Eurostar...?

Me and the missus are going to Gothenburg for the weekend in November. Flights for the both of us are £60, amazing hotel for £100 a night. Sorted.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 09:51:56 »

Wouldn't a trip to Dusseldorf be a little bit like your distant German relative taking his fraulein for a cheeky weekend away in Leicester?  I can think of a lot of places in Germany I'd want to visit before there.

You could go to London 10 weekends in a row and still not get bored.  If you have not been for a while, I would probably find somewhere to stay along the South Bank - and from there you're within walking distance of the Eye (if that's your thing), Westminster, London Bridge (market, brilliant pubs) and across the river to Covent Garden and Soho.

Dusseldorf is fantastic. The Rhein is a site worth seeing.. Something stupid like 300 bars in a row, door to door in Old Town too. It's amazing!

London is going to be a decent choice I think. Any hotels in particular?

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 09:52:47 »

Gretna?
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 10:12:03 »

If you go to London Take her up the Oxo Tower

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/01/24/oxo_tower/

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 10:13:52 »

Is that a euphemism?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 10:14:23 »

Damn you, I was googling for that but you beat me to it. That's the reviews, not taking Crispy's misses up the Oxo tower.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 10:28:05 »

Yeah, its the gravy!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 10:30:05 »

For the price you'll pay to get to, stay and have fun in London, go elsewhere.

Brussels on the Eurostar...?

Me and the missus are going to Gothenburg for the weekend in November. Flights for the both of us are £60, amazing hotel for £100 a night. Sorted.

See, I'm thinking this.

I paid under £120 for return flights and 3 nights in a 4 star hotel in Dusseldorf. That won't even cover the train to London..

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 10:42:55 »

Dusseldorf is nice, but munich is fucking brilliant. You'll probably miss Oktoberfest, what with it being the end of the month you want to go, but it's still an amazing, beautiful, friendly city full of awesome people. Piss easy to get to as well, and it's close to Heidelberg, which is absolutely stunning (though probably a bit far for a weekend). Berlin is a cracker if you're more into the modern cosmopolitan type place. Not that munich is stuck in the past or anything, but it's a bit more medieval-looking.

I fucking love Germany.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 11:24:35 »

As do I. Fantastic country.

I just found out the other half doesn't have a passport though, useless cunt. I'll send her to a travel lodge in Devizes and I'll piss off abroad  Cool

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 12:28:42 »

London it is then! You could take her on a tour of all the football grounds you've been ejected from.  Smiley
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 15:11:27 »

London it is then! You could take her on a tour of all the football grounds you've been ejected from.  Smiley

The list in London isn't great. Would have to go to Yorkshire for a better selection..

We could go to Brentford, Barnet, Wimbledon and at a stretch Southend for the London area.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: