Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Tranmere Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22011 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 20:34:48 »

From the little I've seen of Pritchard he is class but inconsistent. The consistency will come with experience.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 21:45:18 »

Was the birthday shout for you Batch?

Yeah, its a week until my age begins with a 4 Sad
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 22:01:08 »

I haven't been that disinterested in a game in a long time.  Did the DRS outsing the Town End?  Was Matt Ritchie watching as there was an AFC Bournemouth sponsored car in the car park?  Glad of the 3 points though.  JMac seemed inspired today, even a few Kasim/Luongo forays in the middle of the park.
Steve Fletcher was sat in front of us taking notes, isn't he helping Plymouth out at the moment ? He is a man mountain but did have a stupidly big coat on for a warm day !
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 22:06:14 »

Boring as fuck that game but I don't care. We have played excellently in some games we haven't won this season so a win, and clean sheet, when not playing that well will do nicely.

Jay Mac excellent performance.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 22:10:52 »

Echo the comments here about getting the 3 points/not a great performance...and also as some have said I'd have taken this and where we are now during the fearful pre-season spell we had when we didn't know if we were coming or going. 10 games in and I'd say mid table is a good reflection of the squad as a 'work in progress'. Be nice to go on a little run now, important clean sheet for the side today and Jay Mac best game in ages for us! Nile tricky up front as ever, looked as though he was possibly still carrying an injury? Atmosphere was pretty poor, but then again it was always going to be after Shitty & Chelsea.

Onto Tuesday, look forward to seeing 5 changes (I think you have to play 6 players from previous starting line up in JPT) and Thompson suspended so will miss the game Tuesday!

#VivaKenBarlow!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 22:14:57 »

Yeah, its a week until my age begins with a 4 Sad

It's merely a new chapter of your life Batch  Smiley
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 22:24:57 »

Did all we needed to do, and nothing more... Kasim, JMac, N'Guessan were all good, Hall was terrible again, El Gabbas  looked like he'd never seen a football before, hope he's got something about him as he looked clueless.

Was there a promotion on for kids today? I was surrounded by toddlers who had no interest in the game and who irritated the fuck out of me. The dad's ill informed opinions were just as bad.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 22:40:43 »

- Pritchard. It could just be me but I find him a bit frustrating at the moment. Doesn't seem to beat his man very often, nor play a killer ball. There is definitely a player in there, I'm sure, just not seeing the end product myself. But maybe its just me.

Nope, been saying it for weeks, got shot down when I did.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 23:05:56 »

Pritchard is quality, have a word.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 23:11:16 »

Did all we needed to do, and nothing more... Kasim, JMac, N'Guessan were all good, Hall was terrible again, El Gabbas  looked like he'd never seen a football before, hope he's got something about him as he looked clueless.

Was there a promotion on for kids today? I was surrounded by toddlers who had no interest in the game and who irritated the fuck out of me. The dad's ill informed opinions were just as bad.

I'm curious; what makes you say this? I thought he was solid enough, did the job he was there to do and showed some good touches as well.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 02:12:37 »

re. the lowe dive, ref got it spot on in my opinion.  i'm in the town end and it felt like we all thought it was a dive, think there was a bit of contact a moment before then lowe just threw himself to the ground.  indeed i shouted cheat immediately.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 05:18:02 »

I'm curious; what makes you say this? I thought he was solid enough, did the job he was there to do and showed some good touches as well.
He rarely seems to win the header from a long ball and lets it bounce too often, giving the striker opportunities. I never feel comfortable when he's in a physical battle, unlike Ward. Granted, he's good on the ball, but I think his strength,  positioning, and reading of the game needs serious work.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 07:42:50 »

If you were sat in Row U of the Arkells, I'll apologise to you now.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 07:48:10 »

Hall is still learning the game to be fair. I thought Pritchard was too central yesterday. He is better on the wing i think. Was impressed with N'Guessan. Think he looks a very good player, strong and has something about him going forward.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, October 6, 2013, 08:08:28 »

... N'Guessan. Think he looks a very good player, strong and has something about him going forward.

Is it the offside flag Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: