Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Tranmere Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22016 times)
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 15:54:37 »

Get in. 3 points is 3 points.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 15:55:07 »

Thompson misses the JPT game on Tuesday. If you have to miss a game that's the best one.

I think he might have invited that card.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #92 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 15:55:12 »

Pint
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 15:55:22 »

Good win, 3 more points at home, no injuries today (i think) and closer to play offs than relegation.

I'm content with that.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 16:04:04 »

All I can say is yawn.

I'm not saying lump it in the box but don't pass for passing sake, try and move out of position. It's almost as if we bored them to death today!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 16:07:08 »

All I can say is yawn.

I'm not saying lump it in the box but don't pass for passing sake, try and move out of position. It's almost as if we bored them to death today!
Well call I can say is that before the season started, I fully expected us to be in the bottom two after 10 games. So keep on boring Town!  Cool Pint
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #96 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 16:20:42 »

7,889 (188). Good crowd.
Biggest attendance in League 1 today.

Good result even if the game wasn't so good, keep up the home wins and we will be there or there abouts come May.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #97 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 16:24:37 »

That was proper boring today. I don't mind the patient passing game but our tempo was so lacking I felt like leaving at half time. Tranmere are fucking wank.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 16:26:08 »

For me a bit more urgency required. It's a bit too slow and methodical and I'm never confident at 1 0.  That said Tranmere gave had two half chances.
I stand by this. Had we been 2 0 up I'd have called it a measured killing of the game. We nearly paid for it though when wes slid in by necessity and the player went down and got booked for diving.

We need to up the tempo and incisive passing.

Still a good win against a frustrating Tranmere team though.
kerry red

« Reply #99 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 16:28:59 »

One word sums up that match - pedestrian.

The atmosphere on and off the pitch was subdued.

Plenty of passing but going nowhere.

MOM, I'm pleased to say, was JMac. Didn't put a foot wrong and made a few excellent interceptions.

Ah well, at least we won.

And BTW bollocky Villa drawing cost me nigh on £1500 - bastards!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 16:36:36 »

One word sums up that match - pedestrian.

The atmosphere on and off the pitch was subdued.

Plenty of passing but going nowhere.

MOM, I'm pleased to say, was JMac. Didn't put a foot wrong and made a few excellent interceptions.

Ah well, at least we won.

And BTW bollocky Villa drawing cost me nigh on £1500 - bastards!
Agree with most there, Ranger had a great game and was blowing out of his ass after an hour, Sodje gave Hall a hard time, for me nobody played badly, but nobody shone.  Tranmere were an awful team and if only we could have injected some pace into the game we would have won by much more.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 16:43:00 »

Biggest attendance in League 1 today.

Good result even if the game wasn't so good, keep up the home wins and we will be there or there abouts come May.

10 games in is usually considered a reasonable time to take stock...not sure we can do this, because most of the away games have been against top 6 sides and then home games v bottom 6 sides...we'll need to play a few more games v middleing  teams to get a better picture of where we are...the pattern is repeated though in the next couple as we're away to Rotherham, and home to Notts County.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 16:54:01 »

I haven't been that disinterested in a game in a long time.  Did the DRS outsing the Town End?  Was Matt Ritchie watching as there was an AFC Bournemouth sponsored car in the car park?  Glad of the 3 points though.  JMac seemed inspired today, even a few Kasim/Luongo forays in the middle of the park.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 16:58:13 »

We did what had to be done with a half fit team, never really troubled until the end when they suddenly had a sense of urgency. Was never really necessary to overexert ourselves today.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 17:02:56 »

That we're calling a 1-0 home win boring pleases me. We'd have taken that during preseason I know!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: