Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Chelsea Official Matchday Thread  (Read 53433 times)
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 18:36:29 »

...and an XTC tune pre-match.  We need something with a Swindon connection.  Something that's us and no-one else.

It's doesn't have to pre-match even but why oh why can't us Town fans sing the first two verses from Red Brick Dream... It's unique, by a Swindon band, mentions Swindon Town by name and plays on our Industrial heritage. Not all songs have to be upbeat to catch on.

"Red brick dream
Windows scream
As the rusting North Star shines above
And drops its iron beams
Crashing down upon the rooves of Swindon Town

I heard the engine's dying breath
Castles and kings all starved to death
I dropped the Coronation cup
Sshh, please don't wake them up from
Red brick dream"

I also think the "Sshh" lyric would go down well in a similar way to how Town fans always accentuate the deep D in the "S...W...I...N...D...O...N" song. My only major concern is that you'd need to hand out Arsenal style lyric sheets in the programme for it to catch on!!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 22:20:18 »

Instead of music playing when we score, why not a blast from the old railway hooter.
the winner, the whole town would have to pause from what they were doing (shopping, gardening, mugging etc) to just daydream a few seconds about what it must be like to be in the County Ground when Town have just scored.

Inside the Ground, the hooter would merely accompany the main event, ie the unique County Ground celebration that follows a goal, whether arrogant or joyous, relieved or hostile, perfunctory or mental depending on the opposition, the away support, the scoreline, the timing, the season, what is at stake, how the game was being played etc.

"Glad all over" is a pathetic Palace rip off but any music after a goal  is like a straightjacket that homogenises everything that is special and unique about the moment, about the goal. 
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 04:57:12 »

What about using, from Senses Working Overtime, "one two three four five, Swindon's gonna win this time", or something similar??
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 07:48:37 by Munichred » Logged
fatbasher

« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 06:19:40 »

What about using, from Senses Working Overtime, "one two three four five, Swindon's gonna wine this time", or something similar??

I agree, no use bottling it all up.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 06:33:45 »

What about using, from Senses Working Overtime, "one two three four five, Swindon's gonna wine this time", or something similar??

That's a corker!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 07:05:29 »

Instead of music playing when we score, why not a blast from the old railway hooter.
Better yet, why don't we all just cheer and sing faintly mocking songs at the opposing team/fans?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 08:08:24 »

That's a corker!
What about using, from Senses Working Overtime, "one two three four five, Swindon's gonna win this time", or something similar??

What a plonk Smiley
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 08:40:10 »

"Glad all over" is a pathetic Palace rip off but any music after a goal  is like a straightjacket that homogenises everything that is special and unique about the moment, about the goal. 

Sums things up perfectly. Make it stop.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 14:35:02 »

This x 1,000,000. Bit of history and something that is our own as opposed to the crap we have stolen from Palace now

Would absolutely love it if we brought back the train horn after goals (not that I was around when it was last played!).  It would be unquestionably original and ‘ours’, something that is extremely rare in the world of football™ 2013.  How do we go about asking Jedster?  I’m not on that there twitter, so will have to quill him a letter/email
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 17:42:52 »

Would absolutely love it if we brought back the train horn after goals (not that I was around when it was last played!).  It would be unquestionably original and ‘ours’, something that is extremely rare in the world of football™ 2013.  How do we go about asking Jedster?  I’m not on that there twitter, so will have to quill him a letter/email

Twitter is the way forward my man
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #310 on: Thursday, October 3, 2013, 09:06:11 »

Better yet, why don't we all just cheer and sing faintly mocking songs at the opposing team/fans?

Woah man, just hold on a second. My brain cannot comprehend this idea.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: