Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Chelsea Official Matchday Thread  (Read 53412 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 13:00:32 »

I love XTC and the idea is brilliant for a local famous bands song playing pre game etc but I am not sure if any XTC songs are upbeat enough to give the crowd a lift before the game if I am honest.

I'm not so sure.  'Senses Working Overtime' would work really well over the tannoy.  Quiet intro section, but with a good beat nevertheless.  Then you get a sudden lift with the 'And all the world is football shaped' bit, and then it kicks on again with the chorus.  Some of that (but not all, I know) is quite singable.  And even if no one does join in, I think it would fit in just fine at 2.50pm in the build up.

And there are others.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 13:05:05 »

"Senses" is a cracking pop song and probably would fit the bill best of all the songs of theirs, gotta be better than what we have now anyway.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 13:05:31 »

Instead of music playing when we score, why not a blast from the old railway hooter.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 13:08:17 »

Instead of music playing when we score, why not a blast from the old railway hooter.

I think that is one idea that most would agree with.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 13:10:04 »

I think that is one idea that most would agree with.
+1 for that Smiley

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 13:22:03 »

"Senses" is a cracking pop song and probably would fit the bill best of all the songs of theirs, gotta be better than what we have now anyway.

For the uninitiated...

Peter Venkman

« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 13:25:39 »

And for the other uninitiated re: the hooter....

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 13:33:31 »

Sounds like Mex after a few beers and a jalfrezi.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 13:34:26 »

Nice to see some love for XTC on here. The wife wants to move to Swindon because of her love for Andy & Colin. Although Red Brick Dream is the only track to mention Swindon Town directly, a lot of other tracks are written about the town - Ermine Street is mentioned in Chalkhills & Children, I Remember The Sun is based on Colin's childhood memories of Penhill (I think), English Roundabout is obviously inspired by the magic roundabout...

Generals and Majors would be quite good, no doubt someone like Si Pie or jayohaitchenn can come up with an excellent song to go along with it.

Another Swindon connection would be this...

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 13:34:56 »

Does he still have a season ticket at the Amex?
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 15:30:26 »

Nice to see some love for XTC on here. The wife wants to move to Swindon because of her love for Andy & Colin. Although Red Brick Dream is the only track to mention Swindon Town directly, a lot of other tracks are written about the town - Ermine Street is mentioned in Chalkhills & Children, I Remember The Sun is based on Colin's childhood memories of Penhill (I think), English Roundabout is obviously inspired by the magic roundabout...

Generals and Majors would be quite good, no doubt someone like Si Pie or jayohaitchenn can come up with an excellent song to go along with it.

Ball and Chain is about the house in Read St. (I think) where the family refused to move while they knocked down the houses around them. Don't think we'd get away with "No Thugs In Our House".
Barry Scott

« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 15:35:48 »

Strange fact, that I'm sure could be discovered by someone searching hard online, but Orbital's "The Brown Album" was recorded, in part, if not in full, at Meat Manifesto's house on Dixon Street. (My mate lived on Dixon Street and knew the bloke.)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 15:47:36 »

Why not Billie Piper then?

Never knowingly overstated.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 16:42:54 »

This x 1,000,000. Bit of history and something that is our own as opposed to the crap we have stolen from Palace now
adje

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 17:27:57 »

I love XTC and the idea is brilliant for a local famous bands song playing pre game etc but I am not sure if any XTC songs are upbeat enough to give the crowd a lift before the game if I am honest.

"No Thugs In Our House"?....oh,wait a minute

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: