Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Chelsea Official Matchday Thread  (Read 53406 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Thursday, September 26, 2013, 12:33:32 »

A sad note from the game.

I thought van Ginkel looked to be in trouble.

Out for the season-

It was one of those where you shudder as you see the replay. His knee was bent all over the shop.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bovis Messroom

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Thursday, September 26, 2013, 14:51:06 »

He's having a scan on it today. Looked a bad 'un so fingers crossed for him.  As a Chelsea fan the game went pretty much as expected.  Knew we'd still put out a pretty strong side despite all the changes from the weekend. Very impressed how Town stuck to their principles right to the end and not simply lump balls into the channels. Those passing stats, both in number and percentage, are indeed commendable and although you're playing at a lower level, your team actually seems more advanced and proficient at this style of playing than we currently are in our own league. By that, I don't mean you've got better passers, just that the movement off the ball and anticipation of the pass seemed more 'in tune' than us. Just more fluid. Some have mentioned that we seemed to be in cruise mode for much of the game. I wouldn't go so far. Think apart from that short spell when we showed some urgency and scored, the game was highly competitive in the first half.  Got a bit feisty early in the second as Luiz was moved into midfield but as the game wore on we looked more content to sit deeper and counter-attack. Thankful to see that offside flag go up. Could have ended very differently had that goal stood.  Excellent atmosphere and agree, no need for drums.  Trust you don't play awful tannoy music after goals either,  Naff imo.  Anyway, lively banter in both the ground and Merlin pre and post match.  All the best for the rest of the season.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Thursday, September 26, 2013, 15:06:53 »

Thanks Bovis, good to have some intelligent opposition fans on board. Decent review of the game.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Thursday, September 26, 2013, 15:20:42 »

Trust you don't play awful tannoy music after goals either,

How do you take disappointment?

In my day you made your own entertainment after goals. i have a bad back and some shin scars to prove it*.

*I don't, but for the purposes of internet illustration...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Thursday, September 26, 2013, 17:51:43 »

Yeah we play that crappy Glad all over song like Crystal Palace, it really needs to go.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Thursday, September 26, 2013, 19:08:04 »

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the consensus of those watching in the pub thought Mata deserved at least a yellow card for his foot-up challenge in the second half.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Thursday, September 26, 2013, 19:52:13 »

Thanks Bovis, good to have some intelligent opposition fans on board. Decent review of the game.

Agreed.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Thursday, September 26, 2013, 20:10:13 »

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the consensus of those watching in the pub thought Mata deserved at least a yellow card for his foot-up challenge in the second half.

I don't recall that one, but I do think he was lucky not to have got a yellow for persistent fouling.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Thursday, September 26, 2013, 20:20:10 »

I thought that as well. High and late, and you could argue a worse challenge than Byrne was sent off for against Franchise.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Friday, September 27, 2013, 11:03:31 »

Yeah we play that crappy Glad all over song like Crystal Palace, it really needs to go.

Dave Clarke 5

Agreed its a bit americanised playing music when we score a goal, just let us behave like animals for 2 mins, get over the hysteria and get on with it, we dont need music to know we scored a goal!
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Friday, September 27, 2013, 12:48:13 »

At least Palace have a connection to the song, we've just copied them which makes it that much worse IMO

XTC or nothing.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Friday, September 27, 2013, 12:54:16 »

XTC or nothing.

Nothing then
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #252 on: Friday, September 27, 2013, 12:54:31 »

At least Palace have a connection to the song, we've just copied them which makes it that much worse IMO

XTC or nothing.

"Stupidly Happy"?

Levi lapper

« Reply #253 on: Friday, September 27, 2013, 18:01:01 »

senses working overtime would be ace. and all the world is football shaped.....
adje

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Friday, September 27, 2013, 18:25:33 »

"molten memories splashing down
upon the rooves of Swindon Town"

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: