Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Chelsea Official Matchday Thread  (Read 53423 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 21:18:33 »

Think they have signed Will.I.am not Willian
woolster

« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 21:21:07 »

What was the att
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 21:24:42 »

What was the att
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 21:25:52 »

Didn't disgrace ourselves in the slightest, thought Chelsea were just a touch sharper and faster than us and probably should have scored a couple more, although they created the chances and didn't take them.  Thought we showed them a bit too much respect in the first half hour and we didn't get going until we were two down.  Ranger has done something to his thigh apparently, hope it's not too bad.
DMR

« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 21:29:24 »

Thought we were alright. Someone teach N'Guessan the offside rule for fucks sake
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 21:30:31 »

That was a stronger Chelsea side than that was expected...and every sub they made, it got stronger !!

Most of that Chelsea side were playing when they won the Champions League 16 months ago, so when you take that into consideration, a 2-0 defeat is very respectable.

Anyway back to the bread and butter. Byrne is back, and here's to 3 points on Saturday.

Hopefully Wes will last more than 21 mins this time !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 21:31:42 »

I enjoyed the game thought we were alright ,nice to see such a full ground. Plenty of bellends about.The irony of the "Swindon" fan in half /half scarf going mental at some Chelsea twat in the Arkells wasn't lost on me.

/
W56196272
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 21:34:51 »

oh and the Ground seems tidier,how long as there been a giant screen at the County Ground?

/
W56196272
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 21:36:23 »

Think that came this week or maybe last week
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 21:38:16 »

I thought first 20 mins we held our own, but Chelsea had a bit more quality than us and based on the teams the scoreline was expected. That being said, I'm a proud Swindon fan tonight, we played well, weren't scared of them and could have nabbed a goal! If that N'Guessan goal stood, who knows! I like the make up of the side, we're growing in experience as a team and I'd like to think we can do fairly well the rest of the season...still have the JPT/FA Cup to come as well!

Fans were excellent tonight, Town End was buzzing!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 21:38:53 »

Hopefully Wes will last more than 21 mins this time !!!

Fuck, you've jinxed it now, he's going to break a leg or something. You cunt.
kerry red

« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 21:40:00 »

Is it just me or did we look better after Ranger went off?

Very timid first half but very good first 20 mins of the 2nd half.

Kasim is just pure class - no matter who he is playing against. My MOM for Swindon by a mile.

Pleasantly surprised at the performances of JMac lately - bit of a Brucie bonus.

Is Nathan Thompson banned after picking up another yellow?

Excellent evening
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 21:41:54 »

Going to give a report that I guess some will not enjoy. Its difficult because the context is that we were playing Chelsea not Chesterfield.

I thought we passed nicely, good quick crisp passing, yet I came away pleased we'd done this but also disappointed. Disappointed we didn't really have a proper go. Sure we had a couple of half chances and a (rightly) disallowed goal. But a lot of our passing did no damage whatsoever. I understand keep ball is our new game, but for the first time today I got a bit frustrated by it as time ticked on.

I'd also like to have seen us get stuck into them a bit more. But I guess we don't have that type of player anymore.

It was a bit too comfortable and Chelsea could have scored 5 or 6 in the end.

Unfair and unrealistic expectations. Probably.

Having said all that Luongo and Kassim impressed tonight. Luongo was running the midfield for us and looked to get involved in everything.  N'Guessen has a nack of getting offside Smiley, wasn't as impressive as Saturday. Pritchard was overly greedy at times and needs to improve his decision making, MOM my arse. Ranger wasn't his overpowering self, well marshalled but possibly hampered by injury. Ajose got into some good positions and looks useful but sometimes needs to shoot rather than pass. The Egyption didn't get chance to impress. Louis Thompson did well.

I thought the back 5 were largely excellent. Wes was back to himself. I feared Hall would be overwhelmed but he wasn't, was quite impressed really. Thought Ward was going to get skinned a lot, but he didn't and had a very good game. NT was also good, he has a bit of bite about him too.

So it was kind of satisfying, yet frustrating. That's how I would summarise.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 21:44:16 »

Think that came this week or maybe last week

Was actually there from the end of last season  Roll Eyes

Decent game - rarely troubled them tho which was the worst part
If only we could clone N Thompson to play as the other FB
Jmac been solid defensively since coming back but going forward he seems to lack ideas. remaining static after cutting the ball back and not giving an out ball

I walked straight out the TE into a herd of Chelsea - one of who proclaimed worst away match he had been too - had more fun at an arsenal v spurs game
Sums them up really
They didnt wake up till they were 2 goals up then fell asleep again
Town end made some noise and atmosphere wasnt that bad - thought would be shit after saturdays

PNE next and 3 points pls

Oh did they say on TV why Ranger didnt start 2nd half ?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 21:47:00 »

Thigh problem
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: