Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Chelsea Official Matchday Thread  (Read 53409 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 07:11:24 »

We won't win but in all honesty that doesn't really matter as long as we play good football and don't get embarressed by them.

Hopefully we can win some new fans and followers along the way either in person or from being on sky then that would be brilliant, all fans have to start somewhere.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 08:05:09 »

Good stuff SR, If they score early 1-6 if we score early 2-6    Wink looking forward to it regardless of the result anyway.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 08:14:00 »

As long as we get something to celebrate. A goal while there's still hope would be nice. RV Corcoran's Fbg St Antoine for the Paris chapter.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 08:26:00 »

Somehow I have to manage to work through the night with sky sports 1 on in the background and then get through until 8am when I can watch the recording, without finding out the result!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 08:27:37 »

I've seen Chelsea live quite a few times over the last few years, the last being against a Scandinavian side (can't remember their name  Embarrassed ) and David Luiz was superb that night. Torres got a couple of goals that night, too. Chelsea rarely make a mistake and they like to pass it around. I know you probably see all this on the box, but when you're at a live game you see everything else off the ball, the runs etc. Should be a good passing game, I hope we give a good account of ourselves.

Head 1-4
Heart 1-0
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 08:42:28 »

I have two hopes for tonight.

1.  Score a goal.
2.  Keep the margin of defeat to within 3 goals.

Still hunting around for a decent pub in the area that will be showing the game.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 08:53:09 »

I have a good feeling about this.  2-1 Swindon COYR
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 09:03:14 »

The key is not conceding early, if we do then we could end up getting a good thumping.  Keep them out for the first 30 mins and we could keep the match competitive and give a good account of ourselves.

I'll go with the 2nd possibility and it will end 1-3
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 09:09:11 »

We have beaten them before at the County Ground and we could do it again, I know its been posted recently but for a pick me up how about this a nice 4-0 win against them in the mickey mouse cup.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 09:15:45 »

I'm going to boldly predict 2-2.  I did however in 1969 predict I'd be living on the moon by now.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 09:20:30 »

As long as we score and do not get totally embarrassed than that will do for me. 3-1 Chelsea.
china red

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 09:23:32 »

With no disrespect to the cockneys we are playing tonight we've never lost to them in the LC before and I just can't see it happening tonight.  We are a team on fire at the moment, we played Wolves off the park just over a week ago and they are a team full of internationals.  Lampard and Eto'o are past it, Mata will be unfit from not playing this season and don't get me started on Torres.

5-0 to the town, Nile Ranger to score all of them
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 09:25:55 »

We'll go 3 down in the first half hour. Then, Luiz will see red for a professional foul on Pritchard. We pull 2 back but just can't find the elusive 3rd goal.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 09:28:23 »

With no disrespect to the cockneys we are playing tonight we've never lost to them in the LC before and I just can't see it happening tonight.  We are a team on fire at the moment, we played Wolves off the park just over a week ago and they are a team full of internationals.  Lampard and Eto'o are past it, Mata will be unfit from not playing this season and don't get me started on Torres.

5-0 to the town, Nile Ranger to score all of them

Like it. I'll have some of what you're smoking 

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 09:34:29 »

As long as we can celebrate a goal and dont get battered I'll be relatively content. I dont think there's any question we'll play well, we always play well and I imagine Chelsea will be happy for us to have a spell on the ball.

I'm gonna go for the probably slightly ambitious scoreline of a 4-2 defeat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: