Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lack of sleep  (Read 2475 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Saturday, August 24, 2013, 22:59:47 »

I have managed to average about 5 hours sleep a night for the past week. I don't generally need a lot of sleep, but 5 hours is taking the piss! One of the kids had a friend staying on Monday night, and they decided to charge downstairs at 2.15am to get a drink. On Wednesday morning at 4.40am my mobile decided to go beserk, and start powering off/on, buzzing away and lighting the room up (my mood was not improved by the courtesy phone I was given whilst mine was sent off for repair), to send a text is like typing with boxing gloves  Sad.
With my temporary phone I lacked confidence in the alarm going off at 6.30am the next day, culminating in me waking up at 4.10am (just in case)  Suicide

I now realise that (in my case) as you get older it's bloody hard to get back to sleep once you have woken up.
kerry red

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 09:02:43 »

I piss regularly at 7.30 in the morning.

Trouble is I don't wake up til 8.00!

It's just old age - even the reliable morning wood has gone from oak to balsa!!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 10:26:47 »

I was pissed up yesterday and woke up at 4am dried up.....didn't get back to sleep til 6.....fuck you Victor Mildew and Jutty...

Clems Army!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 11:24:40 »

With kids, I'm always up at 6am, maybe 6.30am if I'm lucky. Doesn't matter what day it is. Gone are the days of long lie in's...

But hey it doesn't waste day though!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 21:01:47 »

Five hours a night is pretty good really.  My kids have some sort of relay going at the moment - one of them is always awake.  Coffee is your friend. 
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 22:33:18 »

5 hours is about the norm I would say.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 22:54:26 »

I suffer quite badly with Sunday night syndrome and will often only get 5 hours sleep then.  I couldn't manage on that every night though, the rest of the week is usually between 7 and 8 hours.  Although saying that, ever since I've had children I've suffered from night terrors, usually when I'm stressed or worried.  When I get them, that's a dreadful night, barely worth going to bed.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 22:56:53 »

I struggle to sleep after night shifts...I get in for 7-7.30 and I'm up by 11!! Sucky  Angry

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 00:37:54 »

I haven't been up before midday for a week.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 09:40:14 »

My body clock has me up at 6.30am no matter what time i go to bed. But i have always been a bit of an insomniac so i am used to only a few hours sleep. I have now started going back to sleep after i wake up at 6.30, now i'm not working anymore but i am always back awake by 9.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: