Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England v Scotland  (Read 9608 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 10:24:45 »

One for the dwindling band, interested in the national team....might be a "friendly" but we haven't played the Auld Enemy since 99, when if memeory serves, it was a Euro qualifier where we won at Hampden 2-0...think Scholes did the biz, then promptly lost 0-1 at Wembley.

Although the juices are now more of trickle for this...those of us of advanced years, may remember when it was the big one.

Sweaties had a good result in Croatia last time out, but on paper have a terrible side...dare say they'll have a bit of passion for it, our lot  Hmmm

U'21's though shite when up against proper sides like Norway and Egypt stuck 6 on the Sweaties last night, so they must be proper shite.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 10:28:04 »

The Under 21s absolutely murdered the Scots last night, they were to quote you Reg, Proper Shite and England were made to look like world beaters.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 10:40:00 »

The Under 21s absolutely murdered the Scots last night, they were to quote you Reg, Proper Shite and England were made to look like world beaters.

I actually take no pleasure at all in the demise of Scottish fitba...it's a bit like my view of the West Indies cricket team, through my formative years I was used to seeing them both produce an array of talent seemingly at odds with their population size.

Then pop, the bubble bursts, a new generation with different interests comes along and the talent dries up....in the case of the Windies... ganja and American sports, in the case of the Sweaties, deep fried Mars Bars, Irn Bru and heroin.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 10:44:01 »

I enjoy watching England and love the auld enemy games more than any, I went to the game at Hampden in 89 when Waddle and Bull scored in a 2-0 England win, scariest atmosphere of any match I have ever been to and I have been to 30+ England games some of them against Germay and Holland but they are nothing compared to England vs Scotland.

My favourite one is still the game in Euro 96 when Gazza scored that brilliant goal and Seaman saved the penalty.

I was hoping to be in Edinburgh for this game to be with my in-laws who are all avid Scots but we don't go up until Saturday now.

Scotland are just not the force in international football that they were in the late 70's with Ally's army and Jock Steins management, but then there arent that many good Scottish players in world football (or even the Premier League) any more, back then half the Man Utd and Liverpool teams were Scots.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 10:45:42 »

I was lucky enough to be there at Wembley during Euro 96 when Gazza scored THAT goal. It was an amazing experience! I'm actually quite looking forward to the game tonight, usually quite 'meh' towards England games.
lambourn red

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 10:48:23 »

I had to sell my ticket for tonight's game got injured at football at the weekend and on crutches gutted. I was really looking forward to it as I have not seen an England vs Sweaties game live.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 10:52:33 »

Don't normally take any interested in friendlies, but expect that I will watch with the wife this evening - hurling abuse across the living room as required.  This one had completely passed me by until I was reminded on my way to work this morning, passing 4 or 5 kilted gentleman on Traf Square.  They were drinking Tennants.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 10:56:05 »

proper sides like Norway
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 11:08:38 »

Last night in Corfu....hopefully be some sweaties in the bar, there were a few in there for hibs v hearts.

don't take much notice of friendlies...the fucking real games are shit enough....make an exception for the jocks.

Clems Army!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 11:13:44 »

I'll be watching this one. The 95-96 season was the first one I can remember as a kid (all be it my first Town game was in 94), and I couldn't get enough when Euro 96 came along. Hope it's not a damp squib as is the norm for England/friendlies these days! I say 3-1 England!

#VivaKenBarlow!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 11:21:21 »

Ah yes .... England v Scotland ....

Like India v Pakistan only shitter
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 12:21:57 »

Do India v Pakistan games just consist of cricket, or are there other sports they compete at?  Huh?
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 12:32:04 »

Do India v Pakistan games just consist of cricket, or are there other sports they compete at?  Huh?

Kabaddi?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 12:32:29 »

I'd imagine there's matches at pretty much all sports that we play and then kabbadi.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 12:35:09 »

I'd imagine there's matches at pretty much all sports that we play and then kabbadi.

Yes .... The India football are today playing a friendly against Tajikistan ....

They are 2-0 down after 36 mins, but we dont start playing until we go 3 down!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: