Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STATEMENT THURSDAY .....  (Read 21681 times)
arthurhorsfield

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 16:01:04 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/1771517.___We_don___t_accept_Trust_criticism___/

Smart casual...not a shark, or absurdly powerful prosthetic limb or other appendage in sight.
Couldn't even spell my fucking name right it's WILKS FFS!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 16:07:57 »

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=26065.msg486704#msg486704

How time flies!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 16:10:06 »

Couldn't even spell my fucking name right it's WILKS FFS!

Think they mixed up the 18th Century radical politician, John Wilkes with the hirsute exx QPR and Gills forward Alan Wilks

Seem to remember Alan scoring for a sexy QPR side of Rodney Marsh, in a 1-1 draw at the CG tail end of 66/67 in front of 21,000+
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 16:10:34 »

I'd found that thread and debated pointing out that Mr Wilk(e)s couldn't spell Paul Davis but considered that digging up a six year old thread might make look even sadder than my time online already does.

But now you've done it, open season on the hypocrite Cheesy
arthurhorsfield

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, August 7, 2013, 16:16:30 »

I'm just a cunt really...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 06:29:43 »

So, will it happen today? Statements should be for Fridays. 
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 07:51:37 »

I'm just a cunt really...

Which would have made you perfect to lead a fans consortium moving forward.  Cheesy
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 08:46:20 »

If we get a cracking draw in the cup expect the statement to be released pronto in the hope in can hid amongst the euphoria!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 11:11:02 »

Didn't expect it, but here it is:

I’m delighted to be officially joining The Board of Swindon Town Football Club.

I don’t think it’s any secret that I have been working in the background for the past few months and am pleased that I can finally talk in an official capacity. I am very excited about helping the club with the challenge of continuing to be successful on the pitch and also assisting in achieving financial sustainability. We (The Board) are extremely confident of achieving this but to ease all supporters' concerns, until this has been achieved, we (The Board) will continue to finance any shortfall.

We knew this was the case in the short term and we are prepared to do so going forward until the club is where it needs to be financially. We also have to be aware of the new FFP rules which we would have exceeded considerably if we hadn’t taken the steps we had over the summer. From my personal point of view I feel I can add a lot to the club with my extensive business and football experience.

As you are aware there has been a significant turnover of players and there will continue to be so until the budget is reduced to where it needs to be. The club has achieved success over the past couple of seasons signing experienced professionals on substantial contracts. That strategy needed to change and we have to now do things in a different way but we still expect to be successful with a younger group of players mixed in with some good senior professionals. We also plan to produce an attractive and exciting style of play that Swindon has been famous for in the past.

We are excited by the players we have recruited and using the loan market to get good quality players in who fit in with the style that we play and also fit in with the wage constraints was always part of our plan. We feel that we have managed to get four loan players of real quality from Tottenham, and hopefully having them all from the same the club will make the bedding-in process a lot quicker and easier. I think a lot of people within the game consider, at that age, Spurs to have one of the strongest groups in the country.

We are actively looking for a manager at the moment but that does not mean we will not continue to be active in the transfer market. Obviously it is not an ideal situation but with the season now upon us we have to continue to move on targets that have been identified whilst still moving some players out. We have a blueprint and philosophy in place that we want to instill and we are looking for a manager and players that fit into that. I am in constant contact with Mark Cooper who has done an excellent job and will be treated as manager until we are in a position to announce a permanent manager.

I would like to reiterate my excitement at being part of this fantastic club and I would ask for a bit of patience as we work through this transitional period. I am sure if we are afforded that and you continue with your fantastic support of the club, we will give you a side to be proud of and that you look forward to coming to watch.

#COYR

Lee

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/leepowerstatement-978209.aspx
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 11:15:43 »

Positive clarification of what they are trying to do. Could/should have had more to do with Power's role at the club and what it actually entails but other than that the other other grumble is how long it's taken.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 11:17:29 »

Pretty united front with Jed's statement. Would be nice to see a bit more detail on how actively he is involved in player recruitment (I suspect the answer is completely and solely) but give him a chance. We can't have two Mikey D's in a decade, the world is better than that.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 11:17:49 »

So we got what we expected....  nothing we didn't already know.  However I am not sure what else anyone expected from this statement

I guess that is the new board complete now then?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 11:18:30 »

That's a pretty good statement on the club's direction but ducks the question of what his actual role is which is concerning.

However, as said previously, Actions > Words.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 11:30:54 »

Its a decent statement but doesn't really inform us. Its good thuogh that they said there'd be a statement and that he has come, albeit slightly, out of the shadows.
I would keep Cooper on for another couple of weeks and see how it goes and I wish we'd be honest and use the word coach not manager.
This bit was interesting "with a younger group of players mixed in with some good senior professionals" - thats not really gonig to help offloading those out of favour.
As pauld says lets look at the actions not the word and this is where, in my opinion, it falls down with Ged and co. 
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, August 8, 2013, 11:48:40 »

"In a position to announce a permanent manager" makes me think that there will be an appointment sooner or later and the way that is worded may not be Coops.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: