Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Off the Field Amnesty Thread  (Read 19084 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 23:55:58 »

Like many I am getting tired of thread after thread descending into an opportunity for many to state their animosity toward the board.  Sometimes (all the time) I just want to read a thread through and take on board peoples views on the matter in hand without it meandering down the same old river of shit talk.

I think we should just have one area where people can just get off their chest what they think about the board - no matter how repetitive - as the people that just do not want to read it anymore can just steer clear and let those of you who do want to go over and over and over and over it again can do so on your own terms.

We are all - I'm sure - treating things with trepidation but the constant 'doom mongering' going on in every single thread even remotely involving STFC at the moment is nauseating to the extreme. 

Can you all please just use this thread to discuss what you need to and leave the other threads to be about the subject they were intended to be.

Thanks.
Levi lapper

« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 05:09:13 »

Like many I am getting tired of thread after thread descending into an opportunity for many to state their animosity toward the board.  Sometimes (all the time) I just want to read a thread through and take on board peoples views on the matter in hand without it meandering down the same old river of shit talk.

I think we should just have one area where people can just get off their chest what they think about the board - no matter how repetitive - as the people that just do not want to read it anymore can just steer clear and let those of you who do want to go over and over and over and over it again can do so on your own terms.

We are all - I'm sure - treating things with trepidation but the constant 'doom mongering' going on in every single thread even remotely involving STFC at the moment is nauseating to the extreme. 

Can you all please just use this thread to discuss what you need to and leave the other threads to be about the subject they were intended to be.

Thanks.

Suicide
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 09:16:39 »

I have generally been relatively positive about the new board, but Kmac resigning at the time he did is a real curious one for me. Of course there have been suggestions that he wasn't happy about his lack of say in transfers which may or may not be true, but the lack of communication on this topic is a bit worrying.

In fact, the general communication overall from the board is extremely poor.

Pre-season overall appears to have been one big mess and with 2 weeks until kick off, I don't think we are anywhere close to having our first 11 and manager in place. Hopefully by the end of this week, we will at least have a new manager.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 09:39:51 »

Like many I am getting tired of thread after thread descending into an opportunity for many to state their animosity toward the board.

Playing devil's advocate here...but if that's the prevailing feeling, why are you trying to marginalise the viewpoint?  You could just as easily set up a thread (or threads) for the purpose of having a discussion that does not focus on criticism of the board, leaving the rest of the forum open for discussion as people see fit.  I appreciate that the criticism of the board may seem repetitive and tedious to some, but I'm not sure that is reason enough to try to sideline it.  Feels a little too much like censorship to me.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 09:44:04 »

Understand the sentiment KT but like it or not, the doings in the boardroom are pivotal to pretty much every discussion of the football side at the moment. Trying to discuss transfers for example without discussing the lack of a manager, likely playing budget, whether there is/is not some kind of "special agreement" with Spurs would be impossible. And trying to discuss any of those topics without discussing the board's policy/business plan etc would be the classic 800lb gorilla discussion. Sorry, but while the current percieved instability persists it will pervade (and undermine?) everything else.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 09:51:44 »

We need a thread for the people that are getting fed up with those that are getting fed up.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 09:54:41 »

Understand the sentiment KT but like it or not, the doings in the boardroom are pivotal to pretty much every discussion of the football side at the moment. Trying to discuss transfers for example without discussing the lack of a manager, likely playing budget, whether there is/is not some kind of "special agreement" with Spurs would be impossible. And trying to discuss any of those topics without discussing the board's policy/business plan etc would be the classic 800lb gorilla discussion. Sorry, but while the current percieved instability persists it will pervade (and undermine?) everything else.

Can we have the classic 800lb gorilla discussion here please as I'm not familiar with it? Or is it something to do with McCrory in which case obviously not allowed?
DRS

« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 09:55:11 »

I like everyone have concerns and cant see how it will end up.My main gripe is people are so quick to abuse and seem to know exactly how it is ending up.The spurs link is obvious,they are giving us players that we simply cant afford without that.What was an eye opener for me today was seeing that Collins Caddis Rooney Benson Jmac Navaro all being left at home,i think its safe to say they are on over a million a year
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 09:56:37 »

I like everyone have concerns and cant see how it will end up.My main gripe is people are so quick to abuse and seem to know exactly how it is ending up.The spurs link is obvious,they are giving us players that we simply cant afford without that.What was an eye opener for me today was seeing that Collins Caddis Rooney Benson Jmac Navaro all being left at home,i think its safe to say they are on over a million a year
Easily £1mill between them thats over 1/3rd of the playing budget on players that are not wanted here.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 09:58:08 »

It looks to me that our squad won't be anywhere near the 2.4 million mark. What do you reckon?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 09:58:52 »

THat would average out about just over 3K a week, which is prob about right, when compared to a Reading fringe player like Church being on 12K.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 09:59:55 »

Is that this board's fault though?  No, of course it isn't but just shows the problems that Messrs. Di Canio and Black have left - and not forgetting Wray of course!.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 10:01:00 »

It looks to me that our squad won't be anywhere near the 2.4 million mark. What do you reckon?
Nobody knows Reg, getting rid of half of those must free up wages for some permanent signings though.
DRS

« Reply #13 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 10:08:16 »

Agree but thats the problem,we cant get to the 2.4 until those said players have moved on.It would be foolish to bring in players on larger wages until they have moved on.Benson the Rooneys and Caddis have all turned down moves as they get more here
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 10:20:13 »

Maybe I'm in the minority or being thick, but I'm not sure I see the value in leaving them at home? They might be on high wages, but we are still having to pay them whether they're playing or sitting on the sidelines.  Surely we're better off at least making them work for their wages and isn't it more likely to generate interest if they're involved?

Who has made the decision to leave them, would it be Power?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: