Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 237731 times)
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #1125 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:07:43 »

Couldn't care less if he comes directly from franchise or not.. What does it matter? They aren't Oxford.
Amir

« Reply #1126 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:09:55 »

I'm not overly bothered and I think most fans would be fairly unconcerned with players/managers coming to their club from there, however I always consider people who have worked for them to be slightly tainted and lacking in judgement/moral fibre.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1127 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:13:20 »

Iffy was a Glaswegian.

Have you heard him speak? He may have been born in Glasgow but grew up on the same street in Crosby on Merseyside as a mate of mine. Started his career at Everton. Tell him he's not Scouse.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1128 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:15:21 »

Have you heard him speak? He may have been born in Glasgow but grew up on the same street in Crosby on Merseyside as a mate of mine. Started his career at Everton. Tell him he's not Scouse.
A dog born in a barn is not a horse it is still a dog.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1129 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:18:57 »

A dog born in a barn is not a horse it is still a dog.

Ha ha. I hope you were born in Swindon and aren't just a fake plastic import.  Wink

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1130 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:20:29 »

Ha ha. I hope you were born in Swindon and aren't just a fake plastic import.  Wink
Actually I was.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1131 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:22:23 »

I was born in Oxford.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1132 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:24:33 »

Actually I was.

Oh.  Embarrassed Anyway, doesn't mean I subscribe to your theory, otherwise I'd have to support Gibraltar Town Ape-shooters.

PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #1133 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:25:28 »

I'm not overly bothered and I think most fans would be fairly unconcerned with players/managers coming to their club from there, however I always consider people who have worked for them to be slightly tainted and lacking in judgement/moral fibre.

I disagree, the players and managers are jobbing professionals, it's not their fault. The people I hold beneath contempt are the FA, Winkleman and those who pay to indulge his vile 'project'.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1134 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:31:36 »

I disagree, the players and managers are jobbing professionals, it's not their fault. The people I hold beneath contempt are the FA, Winkleman and those who pay to indulge his vile 'project'.

Agree. And while we're at it, can people stop calling Franchise customers fans? I don't know a proper footy fan that could conceive of wearing their colours and can only assume their sumptuous seats are filled by lazy opportunists with no sense of football culture. Can they not feel the shame as proper fans look down on them?

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1135 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:36:46 »

I like that one, if only we could get a few more of those "fake plastic imports" to the CG on a regular basis we would be much better off! Yes
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1136 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:52:48 »

Oh.  Embarrassed Anyway, doesn't mean I subscribe to your theory, otherwise I'd have to support Gibraltar Town Ape-shooters.
I do remember when Iffy was at his best for us in the Championship the 98/99 season when he scored 20 goals, the Scotland manager was considering calling him up for Scotland which he was extremely excited by, which in my books makes him pretty Scottish.

Nevertheless, rumours around this period suggested that Scotland manager Craig Brown was considering Onuora for a call-up to the national squad - Brown was quoted as saying "we are watching him because he's a big, strong lad, and he is definitely in my thoughts"

I bet if he was called up he would have welcomed being called Scottish and not a scouser (no offence to any Scousers like PaulD).

derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #1137 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:53:00 »

Agree. And while we're at it, can people stop calling Franchise customers fans? I don't know a proper footy fan that could conceive of wearing their colours and can only assume their sumptuous seats are filled by lazy opportunists with no sense of football culture. Can they not feel the shame as proper fans look down on them?

The thing is, I actually live close to MK, about 6 miles out, their are people here who were fans of other clubs, but have switched to becomig 'fans' of this thing they called a club, and yes they do class themselves as proper fans.

It's tragic, one such person lives in the village i live in, and frequents my local, and they justify the whole thing  by saying 'well wimbledon was going to go bust anyway'. its shameful
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #1138 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:54:38 »

I do remember when Iffy was at his best for us in the Championship the 98/99 season when he scored 20 goals, the Scotland manager was considering calling him up for Scotland which he was extremely excited by, which in my books makes him pretty Scottish.

I bet if he was called up he would have welcomed being called Scottish and not a scouser (no offence to any Scousers like PaulD).
Sounds a bit like Jay Mac, He has a fine scottish accent!! soapy tit wank
Amir

« Reply #1139 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:59:18 »

I agree also that that is where the majority of contempt should be aimed, I was merely stating how I felt about players and managers who accept their employ.  Your 'fans' comment is a strange one, seeing as absolutely no one appears to have used that term to describe them.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 5, 2013, 14:08:15 by Amir » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: