Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 237784 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #945 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:32:12 »

Since when has not knowing enough about something been enough to determine it is shit?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:34:11 »

Since when has not knowing enough about something been enough to determine it is shit?

Since when you can only form an opinion once all the facts are in place?
The Great Stan

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:35:29 »

Regarding football - experience.

If it looks like a turd and smells like a turd it is, generally, a turd.

I know boards have the opinion fans know fuck all, but we are not stupid
Flashheart

« Reply #948 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:40:22 »

Since when you can only form an opinion once all the facts are in place?

Why does it have to be shit (or good) though?

Why not just accept that we don;t know yet and it might be shit, or it might be good?

Or something in between
The Great Stan

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:44:22 »

But, if people did not have varying opinions - whether outrageous or pure dumb - what would the point be in having a forum
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #950 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:45:46 »

Why does it have to be shit (or good) though?

Why not just accept that we don;t know yet and it might be shit, or it might be good?

Because life is pretty dull to have no opinion about anything until after the fact.

We are football fans, in pre-season we speculate about what the future holds. We may be right, we may be wrong.
The Great Stan

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:47:37 »

As an aside, Paul Trollope has entered the betting from nowhere to 4th fav at 8/1
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #952 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:48:32 »

Yep,his dad had a cheeky £1 each way this morning.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 21:59:07 »

I think the reference is to the question of what our squad actually consists of, given the presence of mystery men like Agombar and Reis, players who may or not be long term injured, and players who appear to be frozen out. Given the lack of experience, amongst the loans and other Spurs kids, and the lack of a manager to try and establish some form of pattern of play. Still the speculating will be over soon...hopefully we'll avoid a repeat of the Gills opener is it 4 seasons ago now.
what a shit season that turned out to be

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #954 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 23:06:38 »

Haha innit

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 23:18:52 »

Indeed, all of which tells us that although conventional wisdom is we'll be proper shit, you never quite know. Last time we went to Posh, I was so excited about seeing us in a 4-4 draw away from home for the first time ever, but instead got the first 4-5 defeat.....Kevin what were you doing?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #956 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 23:36:05 »

It almost doesn't matter who is appointed as manager as the majority of fans will slate the new manager the moment he walks into the job solely because he'll be appointed by JedCo. Whoever it is will be considered either a puppet for Power/Spurs to run the show or a cheap option due to the board who appoints him.

The squad, on paper, looks very small, young and inexperienced when you cross out the names of those not out in Portugal. I think that fans are concerned because the current squad is almost entirely unknown and unlike previous years there isn't a Ritchie, Austin, Cox or Parkin to pin our hopes on.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #957 on: Friday, July 26, 2013, 06:40:57 »

It almost doesn't matter who is appointed as manager as the majority of fans will slate the new manager the moment he walks into the job solely because he'll be appointed by JedCo. Whoever it is will be considered either a puppet for Power/Spurs to run the show or a cheap option due to the board who appoints him.

The squad, on paper, looks very small, young and inexperienced when you cross out the names of those not out in Portugal. I think that fans are concerned because the current squad is almost entirely unknown and unlike previous years there isn't a Ritchie, Austin, Cox or Parkin to pin our hopes on.

Not quite. They'll avoid that accusation if they get a proper manager, like Tisdale.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: Friday, July 26, 2013, 06:50:15 »

Grass roots in England don't produce good enough players and haven't for years. I know it isn't an exact science but how many 'next big things' make it? How many don't and end up playing for Colchester?

We had Manchester Uniteds youth and reserve team captain on loan, he was some what rated there. A few months after being on loan here he was in non league.

We had a few good loan players of course but the very good to average to shit ratio is firmly lopsided to shit.

Whilst its obviously a much higher standard but England's performances in the Under XXs tournaments shows we don't produce top class players.

We'll see when the season starts, call me whatever the fuck you like, I really don't care but I think we will struggle and the majority of the young players won't be anything special.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #959 on: Friday, July 26, 2013, 06:51:57 »

....as for the Gaffer, there are appointments out there that would meet he fans approval, no doubt.

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: